Brisket and Rosemary New Potatoes are flat out melt in your mouth delicious!
If you follow my blog then you know I lived in Texas for a few years while my kids were little… 2 of my babies were born there and I LOVED it! You’ll never find sweeter people and I love how everything is called “TEXAS” size! Yep, that’s right NO biggie size fry at Wendy’s — it’s TEXAS sized!
My Madi’s favorite meal in the whole wide world is this Brisket recipe and yes, when she was 5 years old she had a little Texas accent and said fixin’ and y’all on a regular basis : ) This is pretty much one of the sweetest photo’s I’ve ever taken… My baby girls in the Texas Bluebonnets!
I lived in Texas a long time ago… so long ago that I don’t even remember the name of the gal who shared this recipe with me but she lived in my neighborhood and I remember being so happy she shared her Brisket recipe!!
NOW, Brisket, as you know is not exactly a super lean cut of beef but once in awhile it’s totally worth the calories!!
The Rosemary New Potatoes are just a little something I threw together once… our poor little Rosemary bush has been practically picked clean this winter.
You’ll fall as madly in love with these Brisket and Rosemary New Potatoes recipes as we are… they’re long time fav’s and definitely scored “10’s” all around the house!!
- 1 beef brisket, if it's a large piece, I have it cut in half
- 2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp celery salt
- Rosemary New Potatoes
- 10-12 red new potatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Layer 3 sheets of foil, lay brisket in center; fat side down.
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl, rub spice mixture on top.
- Fold foil down (see photo tutorial), fold edges in.
- Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 5-6 hours.
- Allow meat to rest for at least 15 minutes, will shred easily!
- Rosemary New Potatoes:
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Wash and chop potatoes.
- Place in a medium bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Dice rosemary, add to bowl, toss. Add salt and pepper, toss.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring twice.