Today’s Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe is a delightful flavor profile that’s unbelievably mouth-watering! Sweet potato, avocado, chevre goat cheese, and pine nuts are a healthy and filling meal.
Why we love Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
Sooo, the story behind the creation of this recipe is completely all about me! I adore sweet potatoes and had a serious craving for them the other night so as they were happily baking away in the oven–I found myself snacking on sweet potato tortilla chips and guacamole.
That was my inspiration! Yep.
I figured if the flavors worked that well together cold then they’d be even more enchanting warm. I think you’ll agree that my Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe brings the tastebuds a touch of the magical!
Ingredients in Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- sweet potatoes
- ripe avocado
- olive oil
- sea salt
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- toasted pine nuts
- chevre goat cheese
- olive oil and coarse sea salt, to garnish
We think you’ll love our Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes with Cranberry Chevre Recipe too!
How to select avocados
- When I’m purchasing avocados I prefer to buy an assortment in stages of ripeness.
- Go for the squeeze test as you’re picking them… a couple that give pretty well for use in the next day or two.
- Then grab a couple that are firmer to ripen at home for later use- once they begin to give slightly, place them in the fridge so it slows down the ripening and they hold even longer.
Fit Friday with Nichole!
Running has been our October focus. The fall marathons are being run. Spring marathons are being planned. And winter training is in the works.
This is obviously not an extensive list, but these are some ideal stretches that hit those running muscles. Listen to your body. Learn when to sink deeper into the stretch, when to hold, and when to ease off. The better you get to know your body the better the stretching and the happier your body will be.
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 ripened avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chevre goat cheese
- olive oil and coarse sea salt to garnish
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 45-60 minutes or until fork inserts in the center easily.
- Before serving, remove avocado flesh and place in small bowl; add olive oil, sea salt, garlic and onion salts; mash until smooth.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, place on serving plates and slice in half.
- Place half of avocado mixture on each, divide pine nuts and chevre on each.
- Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve warm.
- Enjoy your Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 591Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 34gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 1453mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 11gSugar: 9gProtein: 13g
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Maple, Pecan, Sweet Potato Casserole
- Rosemary Balsamic Flank Steak with Sweet Potato and Figs
- Honey Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Apple Butter Pork Loin with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Apple and Sweet Potato Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Roasted Beet and Sweet Potato Brie Crostini
- Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Smoked Gouda, and Kale Salad
Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe combines healthy + delicious for your family!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Blueberry Lime Cocktail Recipe
- Turkey Frank Corn Dogs Recipe
- Country French Omelette Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe
- Chicken Brochettes and Fit Friday