Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato is creamy and delicious with a flavor profile that tastes completely enchanting!
Soooooo, the story behind the creation of this recipe is completely all about me! I adore sweet potatoes and had a serious craving for them the other night so as they were happily baking away in the oven- I found myself snacking on sweet potato tortilla chips and guacamole.
That right there was my inspiration! Yep.
I figured if the flavors worked that well together cold then they’d be even more enchanting warm. I think you’ll agree that my Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato brings the tastebuds a touch of the magical! (as long as you share the love of sweet potato and avocado too).
Avocado’s are in season right now and I’m seeing them on sale at most stores I’ve gone to over the past couple of weeks. When I’m purchasing avocados I prefer to buy an assortment in stages of ripeness. Go for the squeeze test as you’re picking them… a couple that give pretty well for use in the next day or two. Then grab a couple that are firmer to ripen at home for later use- once they begin to give slightly, place them in the fridge so it slows down the ripening and they hold even longer.
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 ripened avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chevre goat cheese
- olive oil and coarse sea salt to garnish
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake 45-60 minutes or until fork inserts in the center easily.
- Before serving, remove avocado flesh and place in small bowl; add olive oil, sea salt, garlic and onion salts; mash until smooth.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, place on serving plates and slice in half.
- Place half of avocado mixture on each, divide pine nuts and chevre on each.
- Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt and drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve warm.
*The beautiful plate and platter are the work of a local artist here in Salt Lake City, read more about CM Ceramic Art here.
Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato will be one of your new favorites, it combines healthy and delicious for your family!
Have a wonderful Monday!
Much Love and Peace~