Our Thanksgiving Blogger 2014 is in full swing! Have you been around to visit the other bloggers and all their yumminess??
Ashlee from Ashlee Marie.com
Jesseca from Butter with a Side of Bread
Kara from Creations by Kara.com
Aimee from Like Mother Like Daughter.org
Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie.com
It’s SO worth a visit… I promise! I’ll totally testify to the fact every recipe can be trusted because I was a happy little camper while taste-testing all this fabulousness 🙂
Today, I’m excited to share my Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with y’all~ Heavenly! Oh my goodness.
Words can hardly express my love of sweet potatoes… they’ve been a favorite forever! Tomorrow I’m sharing another fabulous Sweet Potato recipe too 🙂
Options are always good, right?!
- 3 sweet potatoes, approx same size, scrubbed and washed
- 3 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 C pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 C candies pecans, chopped
- 1/4 C toasted coconut flakes
- serve with additional maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet.
- Bake 40-50 minutes until fork inserts easily and soft to touch.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half length-wise and scoop out centers into a mixing bowl.
- Make sure to leave enough of an edge remaining in the skin to hold it's shape.
- I found it useful to scoop with a grapefruit spoon.
- Mash sweet potato in bowl with pastry cutter or fork.
- Add butter, maple syrup, cream, and spices; mix until smooth (or almost smooth)
- Adjust salt and pepper to your preference.
- Place mixture into large piping bag with a Wilson 1M open star tip and pipe a zigzag back and forth down the center of each sweet potato skin filling it in.
- Place back in oven to bake for 15 minutes or until warmed through.
- Top with pecans and coconut flakes.
- Serve with additional maple syrup, if desired.
I hope you’re being inspired by my creative blog friends and I with all kinds of ideas for your Thanksgiving and Holiday gatherings~ we sure had fun making and sharing some of our family favorite recipes at Blogger Thanksgiving 2014.
Love and Peace~
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Herbed Braided Breadsticks w/ Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak Recipe
- Rice Pudding Smoothie Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Cinnamon Syrup
- Irish Creme de Menthe Cocktail Recipe
- Baked Carrot Cake Donuts with Orange Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
- Rosemary Citrus Turkey Recipe
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Topping Recipe
- 25 Delish Autumn Desserts