I’m so excited to have Carrie from My Recipe Confessions here with us today! She’s brought one of my favorite things ever 🙂
I won’t keep you waiting….
I love these Baked Cajun Sweet Potato Fries so much! I don’t know how I can emphasize that more.
They are amazing and they are so addicting!
If you don’t already know, they are called sweet potato fries.
But technically they are made from yams. But hey, as long as it tastes good, who cares about the technicalities.
- Baked Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Creamy BBQ Dipping Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds of yams
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Mix the salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, onion pepper, oregano, thyme,
cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes into a bowl and mix well.
2. Peel and cut the yams into 1/4 inch wedges. Place all the yams, oil, and Cajun seasoning into a
large ziplock bag and shake until the yams are evenly coated.
3. Evenly spread the sweet potato fries out on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven
and bake for 20 minutes, tossing half way through.
4. If your fries are not crispy yet, broil them on high for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Watch the fries
very closely, because they can burn very fast. Remove from oven and serve with Creamy BBQ
Creamy BBQ Sauce
1 cup of mayo
3/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1. Mix the ingredients together and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 864mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 9gSugar: 13gProtein: 12g
If you are like me and can’t handle your food so spicy that is burns your mouth, you can omit the red pepper flakes. I can’t wait for you to make these because I know you are going to love them!
With love from my kitchen to yours,