A Cajun Turkey Cranberry Wreath is a fabulous way to disguise that ‘leftover turkey’ and no one will ever suspect a thing! The Holiday Feasting has commenced, which leaves most of us with leftovers in our fridges. At our house my family enjoys a day or two of leftover turkey and then it starts losing some of its appeal. That’s when the creative recipe ideas that use up leftover turkey start making an appearance in my kitchen.
Cajun Turkey Cranberry Wreath Recipe on FOX13 The Place
You’ll be so happy with this simple-to-make dinner recipe that’s just perfect for this busy time of year. AND the best part is it looks stunning and seasonal! Edible centerpieces are the best, people!
- 2 8oz cans refrigerated low-fat crescent rolls
- 2 cups leftover turkey, medium diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg white with 1 tsp water; mixed
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat, add olive oil; heat until almost hits smoke point.
- Add onions and stir rapidly, cook 2 minutes until browned, add 1/4 cup chicken broth- making sure to scrape up flavor from bottom of pan.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, add additional 1/4 cup broth, scraping pan.
- Add dijon mustard, turkey, cranberry, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add remaining broth and cook until almost dry.
- Add add half and half, stirring.
- Add walnuts, celery, and parsley; stir to coat and cook 1-2 minutes more until almost dry.
- Unroll crescent dough, with wide edge to the center of the pan, take 8 pieces and form a circle, corners overlapping about 1 inch.
- With the remaining 8 pieces; match the wide edge on the inside, slightly over lapping.
- Seal center seem using small rolling pin or fingers.
- Scoop mixture into the center of the dough making a circle.
- Beginning in the center, lift one dough triangle across filling mixture.
- Then bring the outer triangle to overlap, tuck under.
- Continue around the wreath.
- Brush egg white over the dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Step-by-Step Cajun Turkey Cranberry Wreath Recipe:
Follow the directions for making the filling. It’s just a few minutes on the stove and then our creamy filling is ready to make our savory wreath.
I don’t like to over cooked vegetables… I added the celery and parsley right at the end and then just tossed to coat- the time in the oven will give them the perfect degree of doneness!
The crescent rolls need to be placed in a circle. I used my pizza stone but using a half sheet pan can work too.
Add in the filing and cross over the edges of the crescent rolls as instructed. Our Cajun Turkey Cranberry Wreath is that simple to make.
I love all the Holiday Feasting at this time of year! Enjoy our Cajun Turkey Cranberry Wreath this year too!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene