Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe is going to be a favorite at your house! Peaches upside down cake using canned peaches is ready to bake in just a few simple steps and Wha-la! You’ve got a lovely dessert to serve your family and friends. Prepare yourselves to grab some peaches and start baking!
Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe
Oh do I have a peachy treat for you today! I’ve always been a fan of pineapple upside down cake – so to take that classic cake and add my love of peaches just makes total sense. The result is this yummy Peach Upside Down Cake which has become my new favorite!
Here in Colorado it’s Palisade Peach season and I can’t get enough! This cakes starts, upside-down of course, with a layer of butter, brown sugar, and beautiful peaches.
Do you live at high elevation? Here are some helpful tips for baking with high elevation:
• 5,800 elevation is considered very high elevation.
• Adjustment for 5000+ feet:
• Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
• Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
• Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
• Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
• Check if it is done a little early.
• This take some trial and error to get it right for you.
Once you add the cake batter, bake it, and turn it out of the pan, you have an irresistible treat which I like best warm out of the oven. You can add ice cream or not – it’s delicious either way!
You may also love these other delicious cakes recipes:
- For the Peach Topping
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large peaches, peeled and sliced large (about 2 cups)
- For the Cake
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl. Heat until butter is melted. Stir until well combined and then spread into prepared pan. Arrange peach slices evenly over brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to beaten butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Spread batter evenly over the peaches in the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto a large serving plate. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve warm.
My mouth is totally watering for some Peach Upside-Down Cake!
We would love to stay connected!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We’d love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
*Miss Jocelyn from Caramel Potatoes is here to win your hearts with this delicious Peach recipe!