Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe is going to be a favorite at your house! Peaches upside down cake using canned peaches is ready to bake in just a few simple steps and Wha-la! You’ve got a lovely dessert to serve your family and friends. Or if you’ve got fresh peaches for your baking then grab those and let’s get baking! This recipe can be used with canned, drained peaches or fresh picked peaches too so it’s great for whatever you’ve got on hand.
Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe is just are amazing with fresh peaches!
Oh do I have a peachy treat for you today! I’ve always been a fan of pineapple upside down cake – so to take that classic cake and add my love of peaches just makes total sense. The result is this yummy Peach Upside Down Cake which has become my new favorite! Here in Colorado it’s Palisade Peach season and I can’t get enough! This cakes starts, upside-down of course, with a layer of butter, brown sugar, and beautiful peaches. Once you add the cake batter, bake it, and turn it out of the pan, you have an irresistible treat which I like best warm out of the oven. You can add ice cream or not – it’s delicious either way!
If you’re looking for more recipes inspiration for fresh peaches we think you’ll love these too!
You may also love these other delicious cakes recipes:
Do you live at high elevation? Here are some helpful tips for baking with high elevation:
• 5,800 elevation is considered very high elevation.
• Adjustment for 5000+ feet:
• Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
• Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
• Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
• Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
• Check if it is done a little early.
• This take some trial and error to get it right for you.
- For the Peach Topping
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large peaches, peeled and sliced large (about 2 cups)
- For the Cake
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl. Heat until butter is melted. Stir until well combined and then spread into prepared pan. Arrange peach slices evenly over brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Beat in granulated sugar until well combined. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to beaten butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Spread batter evenly over the peaches in the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto a large serving plate. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 228mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 36g Protein: 4g
My mouth is totally watering for some Peach Upside-Down Cake, it’s delicious in every way!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
*Miss Jocelyn from Caramel Potatoes is here to win your hearts with this delicious Peach recipe!