These peach oatmeal bars are a buttery, oatmeal, brown sugary, peachy sweet delicious dessert that pairs perfectly with a cup of hot or cold tea! Peach picking is one of our family’s favorite summer things to do! We love trekking up the side of the mountain to the sweet smelling trees with the just perfectly ripe peaches. We fill our basket and walk along the rows of peach trees as we savor the first bite of a peach that dribbles its fresh juice down our chins!
As we walk and eat we talk about all the delicious dishes we are going to create with our abundance of peaches we are collecting! We have our favorites that we make year after year, and we always dream up new recipes as well.
These peach oatmeal bars are a recipe we dreamed up together as we wanted to combine our love for peaches, and granola bars in all one bite!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 18 ounce-1 1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1 3/4 cups butter-cold and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry blender mix in cubed butter into well incorporated.
- Take 2 1/4 cups of oatmeal mixture and press down into baking pan, press up the sides just a bit.
- Spread evenly the peach preserves on top of oatmeal mixture.
- Take remaining 2 1/4 cups of oatmeal mixture and crumble evenly on top of peach preserves.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Cut into squares, Serve warm or cold.
- Place in refrigerate to allow the bars and preserves to hard and allow for easier cutting!