Wait until y’all see the delightful Peach Oatmeal Bars that she’s brought to share… Yum!
I won’t keep you waiting…. Enjoy!
As we walk and eat we talk about all the delicious dishes we are going to create with our abundance of peaches we are collecting! We have our favorites that we make year after year, and we always dream up new recipes as well.
- 18 ounce-1 1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1 3/4 cups butter-cold and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat Oven to 350F
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Using a fork or pastry blender mix in cubed butter into well incorporated.
- Take 2 1/4 cups of oatmeal mixture and press down into baking pan, press up the sides just a bit.
- Spread evenly the peach preserves on top of oatmeal mixture.
- Take remaining 2 1/4 cups of oatmeal mixture and crumble evenly on top of peach preserves.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Cut into squares, Serve warm or cold.
- Place in refrigerate to allow the bars and preserves to hard and allow for easier cutting!