Double Chip Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy with two kinds of chocolate! Two kinds of chocolate just make a cookie that much better, right?!
Right. I couldn’t agree more…
Some days homemade cookies are just what we need. I love the whole process~ the making of the dough, wonderful aromas of baking, and THEN (drum roll, please) the first bite of a warm cookie with a tall glass of milk! That’s what I’m talking about 🙂
- 3/4 cups butter, room temperature (1 and 1/2 sticks)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups whole grain oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray
- In a stand mixer beat butter until smooth, add granulated and brown sugar , cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping with each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix in.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80%.
- Add milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips; mix to incorporate.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and rest on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Remove to cooling rack to completely cool.
- Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are the best of both worlds- milk and white chocolate chips together in one delightful oatmeal cookie!
You’ll love them. Trust me on this one 🙂
Much Love and Peace~