I don’t know about you all but when I have overripe banana’s- I’m excited to find new recipes to make with them.
Which is how I happened to find this delightful Banana Oatmeal Cake to share with you!
- 1/2 C plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 C whole wheat cake flour
- 1 C oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Brown Butter Frosting:
- 1/4 C butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream yogurt and sugar; mix until light and fluffy (3-4 min)
- Add egg; mix well.
- Add bananas, milk, and vanilla; mix.
- Add flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix with each addition.
- Evenly pour batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick removes clean.
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, melt butter continue stirring until lightly browned and aromatic.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in 1 C powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla; whisk.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and milk; whisk until smooth.
- Quickly pour onto cooled cake and spread.
- Frosting sets up as it cools.
* adapted from created by -diane.com oatmeal cinnamon cake
I love that this Banana Oatmeal Cake has NO oil in the cake… don’t you worry though! It’s moist and delicious all the same.
Happy Thursday and Happy Cooking!
PS- I shared this recipe over at Remodelaholic too