We love this Decadent but oh-so-simple to make Banana Cake with Browned Butter Frosting!
We love this cake so much… especially my son Jake. It is his all-time very favorite dessert EVER!!
It’s his request it for any special event and ALWAYS for his birthday cake. You’ll just have to make one and see how delicious and simple it is to make.
- 1 15.25oz pkg yellow cake mix
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C water
- 4 oz neufchâtel cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C dark brown sugar
- 1/4 C whole milk
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Coat with cooking spray 2- 9 inch round pans; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix.
- Add water, cream cheese, oil, and eggs; mix until smooth.
- Add bananas; mix in.
- Divide batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center springs back with light touch.
- Let cakes cool 10 minutes on cooling rack and then invert to remove cakes.
- Finish cooling cakes on racks.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Place bottom layer of cake on serving platter; set aside.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter and sugars.
- Stir until melted and boiling.
- Add milk and return to boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar 1 C at a time; stirring with each addition.
- Add vanilla, stir until smooth.
- Quickly pour 1/4 of frosting on bottom layer of cake and spread evenly.
- Place top layer of cake on, pour remaining frosting onto top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.
- Frosting will set as it cools so work quickly to get the cake covered.
- Let cool, dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Banana Cake with Browned Butter Frosting a spin off a cake mix so it just doesn’t get any easier than that! (promise no one will ever guess it starts out that way… it tastes amazing!)
Much Love and Peace~