Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies now, that’s almost a tongue-twister 🙂
Even though that’s quiet the name I came up with… these Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies were gone faster than I could say MISS-I-SS-I-SS-I-P-I !!! Holy Cow they were good AND this was a wonderful way to use up my 4 very ripe banana’s!
I learned a really cool trick at Evo in the Truvia Cooking Workshop from Marissa Churchill- she said if butter was browned you could use half the amount and still get the same flavor! SO, I gave that little skinny tip a try on these brownies and she was totally spot-on!! They tasted just fabulous…
Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies might be a mouth-full to say BUT, oh my! You won’t believe how deliciously melt-in-your-mouth wonderful they are 🙂
I linked this recipe up to:
- Banana Bread Brownies:
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C light sour cream
- 1/4 C butter, browned on the stove
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, to reduce fat/cholesterol
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts, optional
- Browned Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 C butter, browned on stove
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp lowfat milk
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray with cooking spray a 10x15 pan.
- Beat together first 4 ingredients, mix well.
- Add banana's and vanilla, mix well.
- Add 1 cup flour at a time, then add baking soda, and salt, mix until incorporated. Add walnuts, if desired.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until springs back with a light touch and golden brown.
- minutes before the brownies are done make the frosting.
- In a small sauce pan on melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, whisk in 1 C powdered sugar at a time, adding milk as it thickens, then add in vanilla.
- Pour onto hot from the oven brownies and spread evenly.
- Cool and serve!!