Our Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe is the perfect banana dessert for your over-ripe bananas! A moist banana brownie with rich browned butter glaze will soon be a family favorite!
Why we love Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe
Our Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe will win you over with the very first mouth-watering bite. The browned butter in this recipe adds the magical touch. Now, all you need is a tall glass of milk!
Ingredients in Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe
- light sour cream
- butter, browned on the stove
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, to reduce fat/cholesterol
- ripe bananas
- baking soda
- sea salt
Browned Butter Frosting
- butter, browned on stove
- powdered sugar
- lowfat milk
We think you’ll love our Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe too!
Helpful baking tips for higher elevations
- If you live 3,000 feet above sea level or more it is considered high elevation and may take longer to cook/bake.
- Adjustments are needed for 5000+ feet and above:
- Reduce baking powder: for each teaspoon, decrease 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon.
- Reduce sugar: for each cup, decrease 2 tablespoons.
- Increase liquid: for each cup, add 2 to 4 tablespoons.
- Increase oven temperature by 25 degrees F.
- Check if it is done a little early.
- This takes some trial and error to get it right for you.
Learn more HERE
Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe
Our Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe is the perfect banana dessert for your over-ripe bananas!
- Banana Bread Brownies:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, browned on the stove
- 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, to reduce fat/cholesterol
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Browned Butter Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter, browned on stove
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons lowfat milk
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray with cooking spray a 10x15 pan.
- Beat together first 4 ingredients, mix well.
- Add banana's and vanilla, mix well.
- Add 1 cup flour at a time, then add baking soda, and salt, mix until incorporated. Add walnuts, if desired.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until springs back with a light touch and golden brown.
- minutes before the brownies are done make the frosting.
- In a small sauce pan on melt butter over medium high heat, watch carefully when it reaches a medium brown color turn off heat, whisk in 1 C powdered sugar at a time, adding milk as it thickens, then add in vanilla.
- Pour onto hot from the oven brownies and spread evenly.
- Cool and serve!!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 2gSugar: 51gProtein: 5g
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Chocolate Banana Bread Grilled Cheese
- Raspberry Coconut Banana Bread
- Banana Bread French Toast with Maple Cream
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze
Today’s Browned Butter Banana Bread Brownies Recipe will be a new favorite!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Cooking with Ruthie on Instagram
Cooking with Ruthie on Pinterest
Cooking with Ruthie on Facebook
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Wow! These look delicious. I have ripe bananas sitting on my counter right now. I hope I get a chance to try these tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
You’ll be SO glad you tried these… my kids are begging for more 🙂
We did try these….and we are really glad we did! This is a new family favorite. I hope you don’t mind that we added this recipe to our family recipe blog, https://mybiscuitsareburning.blogspot.com/2012/08/browned-butter-banana-bread-brownies.html
I’m SO glad you liked them! We love them too 🙂 I’m super glad you share the recipe with your readers… they look delicious over there too 🙂 Thank you for the kind comment!
Oh, these look amazing … I’m a Huge banana bread fan! I’m pinning for sure. All of your recipes look so wonderful – Gram taught you well. Now following & looking forward to more tasty recipes 🙂
Thanks so much, Nicole! You’ll love these bars… they’re just wonderful! Thank you so much for pinning too! I appreciate every one 🙂 I’m so glad you found me.. stop by anytime! xoxoxo
six sisters says
Hey Cute Ruthie!! These banana bread brownies look so delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! You’re the best!!! -The Sisters (and mom)
I noticed the original recipe calls for 2 eggs, but you don’t mention those in your recipe. Did you really not use eggs, or are they just missing from the ingredient list? Just wanted to check before I attempt making these – they look delicious!
Oh my… Jaimee! I’m SO glad you asked that because I totally missed the eggs. I actually did 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites to cut down on fat and cholesterol a little bit. I’m totally going to fix the recipe right now 🙂 Thanks so much for letting me know, I really appreciate it!
OK, I made these yesterday – with the eggs (haha) – and they were fabulous! Thanks for providing me with another recipe to use up those over-ripened bananas. We’ll make these again!
I’m SO glad to hear they turned out well 🙂 They are yummy little things… I’ve got some bananas just waiting to make another batch!
eggs were listed on the web page but not on the print out of the recepie I hope they still work out
I’m so sorry… I will fix the print version right now! They should still be ok just maybe not as fluffy 🙁 if it’s not too late add them into the recipe. Ruthie