Sourdough Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a tangy sweet little loaf that we just completely adore!
Sourdough Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is moist and flavorful. . . you’ll be so happy that you made one. It’s ridiculously amazing!
If you don’t have a starter in your kitchen yet then check out this really great recipe for making your own Sourdough Starter from King Arthur Flour so go on and get to it. . . lets have tons of fun baking with our sourdough starters!
If you’re like me~ I used to only be familiar with sour dough bread loaves which are very good but have a strong, sharp flavor to them. My collection of sourdough recipes using sour dough start that I share with you are much more mild. The sourdough starter just adds a little bit of ‘tang’ to it and let me tell you it’s a tang you want to experience! Seriously.
It’s a whole new flavor accent that I completely adore!
Sourdough Chocolate Chip Banana Bread will wow all your friends and neighbors- they’ll all be asking what’s your secret?
What is that special ‘tang’ it has? You can just smile and say thank you and then let them in on our sour dough start secret! Or not.
Just kidding ????
Much Love and Peace~
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sourdough start, or light sour cream- room temperature
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed (approx 1 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x5 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add sugars and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sourdough start, and mashed banana; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sea salt, and baking soda; use a whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add mini semi-sweet chocolate chips; gently mix with spatula to combine.
- Do not over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center removes clean.
- If at 45 minutes the top of the loaf looks very browned, set a piece of foil over the top to protect over browning. ( I needed to do this)
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.