Homemade Sourdough Biscuits are a fun new twist on the basic biscuits!
Y’all know how much I love my little sourdough start, I’ve had so much fun with it in my kitchen! I’ve loved creating recipes and adding this fun new flavor pop into my recipes.
You can join the fun…
Have you started a sourdough start yet? I wish you would join in the fun cuz it adds a delightful tang to recipes and of course offers other benefits too!
Here’s a great sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil or cold butter
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter
- Sift dry ingredients together and cut in coconut oil or butter.
- Add sourdough starter and mix just until blended. Place dough on a floured board and knead lightly.
- Roll the dough ½ inch thick and cut into biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet and brush the tops with melted butter. Let rise one hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
I hope you’re holidays were wonderful and full of fabulous memories… it’s kind of a process getting back into the swing of life again, right?! I hope it’s going well enough around your house 🙂
You’ll have so much fun with your sourdough start and for more inspiration check out these other Sourdough Recipes!
I know you’ll love these Homemade Sourdough Biscuits as much as we do!
Much Love and Peace~