Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes have an amazing flavor that your family will fall completely in love with- it’s our families very favorite breakfast!
Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes are the very best reason to keep a sourdough starter around the kitchen, these little guys are beyond delicious. Everyone always begs for them on weekends. My son and his friends like to stay at my little cabin before hitting the slopes and Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes are a must-have in the mornings! They seriously stick to your ribs and keep you full and happy for hours!!
Have you started a sourdough start yet? I wish you would join in the fun cuz it adds a delightful tang to recipes and of course offers other benefits too!
Here’s a great sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
- 2 cups sourdough start
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- serve with pure maple syrup and additional blueberries, if desired
- In a large mixing bowl combine sourdough start, egg, powdered milk, and olive oil; mix to incorporate.
- In a small mixing bowl combine maple syrup and baking soda; mix well.
- Add small mixture to large and gently stir, will foam and thicken as you stir.
- Preheat skillet over medium-high heat, adding ¼ teaspoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon butter with each batch of pancakes or to keep the skillet coated.
- Add ¼-1/3 cup batter to skillet for each pancake, add 4-5 fresh blueberries to each pancake; cook until bubbles appear and then flip for an additional minute.
- Serve hot off the griddle with additional syrup and blueberries if desired.
Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes are easy to reheat, just keep airtight in the fridge, and then warm up quick and easy!
Much Love and Peace~