Today’s Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe are a fun new twist on a basic biscuit recipe. Our homemade sourdough biscuit recipe go along fabulously with any meal!
Why we love Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe
We think you’ll agree that sourdough starter adds a subtle tang to classic baking recipes. Our Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe is no exception. You’ll adore them too!
We hope to inspire you to venture out of the ordinary baking box and into the world of sourdough! Please make room for some lusciousness!
New to a Sourdough Starter?
We hope our The Ultimate Sourdough Starter Guide will guide you on your adventures in the world of sourdough!
The Ultimate Sourdough Starter Guide is filled with everything you ever want or need to know about a sourdough starter! What is it? How to does it work? How do I take care of it? AND the very best part… a lot of recipes we’ve created, love, and crave again and again!
I often introduce my sourdough start as “the love of my life” and people think I’m kidding… but I’m really not!
Fit Friday with Nichole
Fall is here, the leaves are changing, and it is absolutely gorgeous up in the mountains. This week I knew I had to get up and see all those colors up close but I wanted to see them without all the extra people and with my dog in tow.
New trails started calling my name.
I started my not so in depth research using All Trails and Trail Forks, looking at recent reviews, noticing colors in that area, and mapping it all out. Once I picked a loop that fit the bill I compared the trail maps on a couple different forums and made sure I knew where I was going.
The night before I told my husband at least ten times and reminded him again before I headed out in the morning, just in case.
It all came together in absolutely solo perfection. As an adult I sometimes feel as if I am pigeon holed into the same old things, same old experiences, same old routes. (Please tell me I am not the only one).
This week Fit Friday workout is a bit different, I am challenging you to push past the same-old-thing and try something new. Why?
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil or cold butter
- 1 cup fresh sourdough starter or sour cream
- Sift dry ingredients together and cut in coconut oil or butter.
- Add sourdough starter and mix just until blended. Place dough on a floured board and knead lightly.
- Roll the dough ½ inch thick and cut into biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a greased cookie sheet and brush the tops with melted butter. Let rise one hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold and enjoy your Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
More Sourdough Recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Sourdough Banana Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganach
- Vanilla Poppy Seed Friendship Loaf
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Zest Frosting
Make some Homemade Sourdough Biscuits Recipe to go with dinner tonight!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Green Chili Black Beans Recipe
- Primavera Pizza Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe
- Honey Molasses Baked Beans Recipe