Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache is lovely to make for the Holidays~ a mouth-watering and stately dessert that’s perfect to serve at any party.
Not only is this cake festive and beautiful, but it tastes like everything you hope to savor during the holidays! It’s a lovely balance of molasses, ginger, cinnamon, then topped off with White Chocolate Ganache that will leave you wanting another slice (and maybe another).
I sit here wondering how the year flew by so quickly… again! I swear I say that every year about this time and even though I love the Holidays so much, they often come end up sneaking up on me one way or another.
AND with all that said, here we are, at the first day of December. So, to celebrate I figured we needed a cake because cakes always make life an extra happy place 🙂
This recipe actually uses our Sourdough Start… have you gotten your sourdough start going yet? I know you’ll be so happy to join in the fun cuz it adds a delightful tang to recipes and of course offers other benefits too!
Here’s a good sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Pearl or white sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Evenly coat a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Cream butter.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; cream.
- Add egg and beat 2-3 minutes until light in color and fluffy.
- Add molasses by drizzling in while mixing; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add hot water; mix to combine.
- Gently add to liquid mixture and stir to 80% incorporated.
- Gradually add the sourdough starter, mixing carefully to maintain a bubbly batter.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with good quality vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.
- White Chocolate Ganache:
- Place white chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Bring cream to simmer and pour over white chocolate chips.
- Let sit and melt for 10 minutes, stir until smooth and drizzle around top of bundt cake.
- Garnish with sprinkles.
I have to admit that this Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache was SO much fun to photograph… sometimes I just end up taking a ton of photo’s simply because I am SO in love with how it looks. I never would have thought that I would come to love food styling and photography as much as I do but sometimes it’s just a ton of fun! So forgive my indulgence on this recipe.
Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache will be the bell of your Holiday party this year!
Happy Tuesday and last day of December!
Much Love and Peace~