All I can say is Yee-haw!! This White Texas Sheet Cake will knock your socks off…
White Texas Sheet Cake is moist and mouth-watering with just a touch of almond flavoring to it- YUM 🙂
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring butter and water just to a boil.
- Immediately remove from the heat; stir in the flour, sugar, eggs,
- sour cream, salt, baking powder, extract and baking soda until
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- in a large saucepan, bring butter and milk just to a boil.
- Immediately remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and extract.
- Stir in walnuts; spread over warm cake.
- Cool completely.
*this recipe was made and shared by my good friend, Carol (who is from Texas)… thanks to her for sharing another fabulous recipe 🙂
White Texas Sheet Cake is the perfect cake for a crowd… it’s quick to whip together, feeds a large group, and tastes fabulous!!
Happy Wednesday… I hope it’s a great day for you all 🙂