|Ruthie’s Birthday Cake!!|
Danelle’s Pound Cake
Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray or grease (very, very well) a bunt cake pan, then flour, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl cream until fluffy:
1 1/2 C butter
2 1/2 C sugar
5 eggs, one at a time
1 1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
In a separate bowl combine the following:
3 C flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 C milk
Alternate the dry mix with milk adding into the sugar mixture. Pour into greased bunt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Cool on rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to finish cooling.
Note: I really can’t emphasize enough how WELL the pan must be greased or sprayed…. it’s kinda tricky to get out otherwise! I ended up baking two of these little beauties because I didn’t spray the first one well enough!
|Generously grease and flour or sugar the pan (I used sugar)|
|Combine the dry ingredients|
|Combine the butter and sugar; cream until fluffy. Add one egg at a time. Add vanilla and almond extract|
|Add 1 C of dry mix, alternate with milk|
|Alternate dry and milk until all combined|
|evenly spoon into prepped bunt pan|
|Cook at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Let rest on rack 10 minutes; invert (if you have trouble getting it out take a table knife and gently go around the outside of the pan. Also try tapping the bottom of the pan while you lift…)|
|Let cool and serve! (you can see the spots that weren’t greased enough)|
- 1 1/2 C butter
- 2 1/2 C sugar
- 5 eggs, one at a time
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 C flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray or grease (very, very well) a bunt cake pan, and then flour, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream until fluffy butter and sugar.
- Add eggs (one at a time), vanilla, almond extract.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt.
- Alternate the dry mix with milk adding into the sugar mixture.
- Pour into greased bunt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto cooling rack to finish cooling.