Before we get into talking about these delicious little White Chocolate Curl Cupcakes I just wanted to say…
Welcome to my redesigned blog… I must say I’m a little nervous about figuring out to make this whole new set up work well but with a little time… I’m sure I’ll be right back at it again??? xxxx… cross your fingers for me!
While I was in Boulder, CO last month I got this fun little cookbook all about cupcakes… I do love to make those beautiful little cakes! There’s so many options when it comes to cupcakes and this book gives you 200 of them! The batter was so tasty! (I’m surprised any of it made it into the oven) OH YAH and don’t forget to lick the bowl 🙂
*This recipe was adapted from 200 cupcakes by Joanna Farrow. It’s a super cute book and a very reasonable price too!
These White Chocolate Curl Cupcakes were a lot of fun to make!! They’re delicious and oh so very pretty!! My daughter, Madi, took them to a gathering last night… they were a HIT!! If you’re looking for a fun dessert to take to a New Years Eve party these are the perfectly yummiest things to take along!! Have a Happy and Safe New Year 🙂
- White Chocolate Curl Cakes
- 10 Tbls lightly salted butter
- 2/3 C sugar
- scant 1 1/2 C cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C white chocolate chips
- 3 1/2 oz white chocolate bar
- 1 batch White Chocolate Frosting
- powdered sugar for dusting
- White Chocolate Frosting:
- 7 oz white chocolate, chopped (or use 1 1/2 C white chocolate chips)
- 5 Tbsp milk
- heaping 1 1/3 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cupcake pans with 18 paper liners.
- Using a hand mixer cream butter in a bowl, add sugar, 1 C flour, baking powder, salt mixing well. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add scant 1/2 C remaining flour, mix well. Add white chocolate chips. Divide evenly between paper liners.
- Bake 350 for 20 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Using a peeler create curls with the white chocolate bar onto a piece of wax paper. If chocolate is not curling well then microwave for 3-4 seconds, do not over heat. Once cupcakes are cooled, frost, and place chocolate curls on warm cupcakes using a fork, dust with powdered sugar, let frosting cool. Frosting will drip down the sides
- Frosting:Put the chocolate and milk in a heat proof bowl. Set the over a pan of very gently simmering water and let stand until melted, stirring. Remove bowl from pan, stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread on cupcakes while still warm.