Choffy Chocolate Cupcakes
Choffy is brewed Chocolate. It’s 100% cacao beans, roasted and ground for a rich, full flavored drink that is healthy! Choffy tastes SO good… with a little french vanilla creamer and a 1 tsp agave in it! Mmmm… I love dark chocolate SO dark chocolate Choffy in my mug with it’s antioxidant benefits (there’s more antioxidants in an 8oz mug of Choffy than 2 servings of blueberries) AND I’m in heaven!
Some other benefits of Choffy is that it contains Theobromine which provides you with a healthy, heart-friendly, non-addictive energy lift without the crash or jitters of caffeine. It also has the natural occurring bliss chemical called PEA and Anandamide for a “feel good” feeling. PEA is also a fat blocker according to Dr. Oz and prevents fat absorption! Sweet 🙂
If you remember back to my Tea and Carrot Cake Scones post, I wrote about all the wonderful things I love about herbal teas and a said how much I LOVE dark chocolate too. At only 20 calories a serving I’m going to have to add Choffy to my list! LOVE IT.
AND I’m so excited to announce that you can enter for a chance to try Choffy too!! All you need to do is enter the give away at the end of this post 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 2 C sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C canola oil
- 4 oz neufatchel cream cheese
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C unsweetened cocoa
- 2 C hot Choffy
- Choffy Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp brewed Choffy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin tins with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer combine eggs with sugar.
- Add vanilla, oil, and cream cheese; mix until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa; mix until incorporated. (will be thick)
- Add Choffy a 1/2 C at a time, mixing on low until incorporated. (Batter will be very thin)
- Fill liners half way full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on racks.
- yields: 2 1/2 dozen
- Cream butter in small mixing bowl, add vanilla, mix well.
- Add powdered sugar 1 C at a time, mixing with each addition.
- Add Choffy and mix until smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
- * I used a Wilton 1M open star tip and a piping bag.
Choffy Chocolate Cupcakes are moist and wonderful! You’ll be so happy that you tried them…
You can brew Choffy in a coffee maker if you’ve got one, I used my little container that I steep teas in and it worked just fabulously!
I hope you all have a wonderful evening and be sure to enter to win a bag of Choffy… it’s SO delicious!!
I shared this recipe at: