Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe is a stately dessert that’s perfect to serve your friends and family this year during the Holidays! Our gingerbread cake recipe is festive and beautiful– it’s a decadent way to celebrate the holidays! A lovely balance of molasses, ginger, cinnamon, then topped off with White Chocolate Ganache that’ll leave you begging for another slice (and possibly even another)! You’ll get nothing but smiles and compliments when you bring today’s Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache to the table! Happiest of Holidays!!
Bake the holidays merry with our Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe!
I’m sitting here wondering how the year flew by so quickly… again! I’m sure I say that every year about this time and even though I love the Holidays– they often come end up sneaking up on me! AND with all that being said, here we are, at the end of November! So, to celebrate I figured we needed a cake because cakes always make life an extra happy.
Today’s Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe uses sourdough start!
This recipe actually uses our Sourdough Start… have you gotten your sourdough start going yet? I know you’ll be so happy to join in the fun cuz it adds a delightful tang to recipes and of course offers other benefits too! This is a good sourdough starter from King Arthur Flour and our Ultimate Guide to Sourdough Starter you’ll be ready to go. If you don’t have a starter just replace the same amount of sourdough with sour cream to achieve a moist and flavorful cake or cookies!
More of our favorite recipes for our Sourdough Starter:
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache
- Homemade Sourdough Biscuits
- Sourdough Chocolate Chunk Almond Butter Blondies
- Gorgonzola and Pine Nut Artisan Loaf
- Vanilla Poppy Seed Friendship Loaf
- Buckwheat Sourdough Boule
- Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Sourdough Banana Zucchini Bread
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Zest Frosting
I cannot believe this year is almost over. It has been a year where time has certainly had it’s own rules. Some of the days have been slow, while others completely get away from me without a thing getting done. I have had weeks where I woke up swearing it was already Friday only to discover it was Tuesday. And I have had months that have completely flown by and suddenly are over. All in all I am striving to end the year standing tall and ready to welcome the next.
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup sourdough starter or sour cream
- White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pearl or white sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Evenly coat a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- Cream butter.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; cream.
- Add egg and beat 2-3 minutes until light in color and fluffy.
- Add molasses by drizzling in while mixing; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add hot water; mix to combine.
- Gently add to liquid mixture and stir to 80% incorporated.
- Gradually add the sourdough starter (or sour cream), mixing carefully to maintain a bubbly batter.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with good quality vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.
- White Chocolate Ganache:
- Place white chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Bring cream to simmer and pour over white chocolate chips.
- Let sit and melt for 10 minutes, stir until smooth and drizzle around top of bundt cake.
- Garnish with sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 297mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 5g
My fun photography moment & Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe
I have to admit that this Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache was SO much fun to photograph… sometimes I just end up taking a ton of photo’s. Because I’m simply SO in love with how it looks. I never would have thought that I’d come to love food styling and photography as much as I do. It’s grown on me over the years and I’m grateful to create in a way that’s so much fun!
Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe will be the bell of your Holiday party this year!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene