YAY! It’s Fit Friday!!
I love to have Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness come to hang out with us on Fridays! A healthy recipe from me and Fitness Tips from Nichole keep us healthy and happy.
Nichole’s Fitness Tips…
Alrighty guys, I know we are all crazy busy today. I am in the middle of getting a birthday and Halloween stuff ready for my crazy crew. A little guy with a birthday on Halloween means I am learning to embrace the holiday, it has never been my favorite, and make it a super fun day. Which also means I have very little time to get in a workout, it also means I am super stressed and the best thing I can do for my sanity is sneak in at least a little bit of a workout. So today I am all about a quick but effective workout you can do at home.
I will be honest, my warm up today will mostly consist of wrestling the youngest one into a nap. After that I know I better make it as fast as possible.
30 squat hops
40 alternating forward lunges
30 lunge hop switches
Push hard and make every rep count. If you can do it with a friend that is even better. You guys can race and make sure the other is doing it without slacking or cheating.
Ruthie’s Healthy Recipe…
Gluten Free Cherry White Chocolate Chia Cookies are a healthier but oh so delightful little cookie!
I’m just going to admit it- here and now… I have a sweet tooth! Yep. I know. Sometimes, it gets the better of me and I bake up some fully loaded treats and other times I just need a subtle hint of sweetness with in a healthier cookie.
That’s how these amazing Gluten Free Cherry White Chocolate Chia Cookies came to be- all the blames goes to that sweet tooth of mine!
These cookies are made with honey or you could use agave for sweetening, the cherries give it a little tart flavor and then mix in a bit of white chocolate chips and you’re sweet tooth will be in heaven too!
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups honey or agave
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup almond or peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup milled flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment cream butter and slowly drizzle in honey or agave.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl with each addition.
- Mix 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add almond butter; mix well.
- Add vanilla; mix.
- Add oats, baking soda, chia seeds, milled flax, and salt; mix until 80% combined.
- Add cherries, white chocolate chips, and walnuts; stir in by hand using wooden spoon.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool 1 minute on pan and remove to cooling rack.
There’s lots of healthier ingredients hidden away in our Gluten Free Cherry White Chocolate Chia Cookies they’ve got a fabulous blend of chia seeds, milled flax seed, whole grain oats, dried cherries, and walnuts too! Packed with all kinds of good for you nutrition plus antioxidants and omega’s. All the more reason to enjoy some with your family and friends this weekend.
Bake up a batch of these Gluten Free Cherry White Chocolate Chia Cookies this weekend and freeze some off for the next time you need a little sweet-something!
Much Love and Peace~
Nichole and Ruthie