Homemade Turtle Truffles a Valentines Day treat that’s simple enough to make right at home!
Homemade Turtle Truffles are a simple treat to make for Valentines Day! It’s hard to believe that we are half way through February already and Valentines Day is tomorrow! I usually end up making home-baked love for my sweeties and this simple recipe is fun to even perfect for the kiddos to join in on making!
Homemade Turtle Truffles all you need is a few simple ingredients- fine milk or dark chocolate, pecans, caramel and a few minutes of cook time. WHA-la! It’s that easy! 🙂
They are made even that much sweeter if you make your own caramels. . . we love Gram’s Caramels and they’re absolutely amazing in turned into Homemade Turtle Truffles. A few other fun and simple ideas are: Sweetheart Bark, Raspberry Cream Empanadas, and of course some Valentine Sugar Cookies!
Homemade Turtle Truffles will make Valentines Day even more sweet with some home-made love!
Have a fabulous Tuesday!
Much Love and Peace~
- 18 whole pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, finely chopped
- 18 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup high quality milk chocolate discs or chips
- Place sheet of parchment paper on flat work surface.
- In microwave safe bowl or over a double broiler melt chocolate.
- Place a caramel on each pecan nut, coat each pair with chocolate using 2 forks and dipping to cover completely.
- Sprinkle the top each turtle with finely chopped pecans, repeat.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.