Homemade Ricotta Cheese is SO good and it’s simple to make too! YUM!!
I can’t even begin to tell y’all how amazing Homemade Ricotta Cheese tastes~ it’s like a creamy-heavenly dream for your tastebuds! It’ll be your new favorite way to add a fresh cheesy flavor to everything- really. Everything! You’ll love it that much.
Oh and just let me tell y’all how truly simple it is to make. It’s SO easy! You’ll be so glad you grabbed the ingredients and some cheese cloth on your next trip to the grocery store.
About a year ago I was enjoying dinner with friends at a potluck get together and there it was… Homemade Ricotta Cheese to go along with a salad someone had brought. I swear I died and went to heaven RIGHT there! Oh. my. goodness.
So, lets get to it! Super simple… just use a non metallic pot (I used my ceramic dutch oven) Bring 4 cups of whole milk, 1 cup of cream, and sea salt to 175 degrees over medium heat. Turn off the heat and add in the white wine vinegar- then let it sit for one minute until it curdles.
Have your double layer of cheese cloth lined strainer over a bowl ready to go and pour the mixture into the strainer.
THEN wha-la! Let it strain away and about 20 minutes later a little bit of heaven will be left in your cheese cloth.
Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Set a large strainer over a deep bowl.
- Line strainer with 2 layers of cheesecloth.
- Combine milk, cream, and sea salt; bring to simmer over medium heat and heat up to 175 degrees.
- Turn off heat, add vinegar, stir in.
- Allow to sit undisturbed for 1-2 minutes until it curdles and separates.
- Pour into prepared strainer and allow to drain at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Pouring off the liquid as necessary.
- The longer it drains the thicker it will become.
- Discard the whey (the liquid).
- Refrigerate cheese in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
I know you’ll fall in love this Homemade Ricotta Cheese! Enjoy!
Much Love and Peace~