Homemade Rye Bread- has a gentle rye flavor that’s beautifully delicate and is sure to be enjoyed even if you’re not a lover of rye! It’ll surprise you just how easy it is to make at home!
I have a confession… I am not really a “rye bread” lover. I know surprising, right?! Y’all know how much I love breads but a heavy rye bread hasn’t ever been my thing.
This Homemade Rye Bread is not THAT kind of rye bread however, it’s delicate and moist with a gentle rye flavor that will please every palate. I actually love it, a lot. It’s perfect for making a delicious Reuben Sandwich!
- 1 tablespoon dry instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup warm milk
- Beat 1 minute
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Beat 1 minute
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a stand mixer with a large bowl and dough hook attachment combine yeast, sugar, butter, egg, warm milk.
- Beat 1 minute.
- Add salt, rye flour, all purpose flour, and caraway seeds; beat 1 minute.
- Beat on medium speed until ball forms.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl to raise double in size.
- Remove dough to lightly floured surface, lightly knead, separate and shape into 3 loaves.
- Allow to raise and brush with beaten egg.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Bake 45 minutes or until lightly golden browned and hollow sounding when tapped with fingers.
- Cool on cooling racks.
- Slice and enjoy!
Homemade Rye Bread is easy to make and will fill the house with amazing aromas plus it tastes SOooo good!
Much Love and Peace~