Multigrain Sourdough Artisan Loaf has a beautifully deep flavor that will leave you begging for another slice and then another!
Multigrain Sourdough Artisan Loaf is an expression of the beauty that’s possible in a loaf of bread. Sourdough starters have been used all around the world for as long as bread making has been an art. When you savor the depth of flavor in this loaf and the beautiful transformation the loaf goes through as it rises, it’s quite remarkable. Beautiful.
Sourdough remained the usual form of leavening down into the European Middle Ages, it’s as old as the hills, in other words 🙂
I hope you’ll jump on board with the Sourdough love that’s going on around here… it’s easy to make you’re own! This a great sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
There are a lot of really fun recipe to make with your Sourdough Starter- jump over and check them out by clicking here. A few of my very favorites are Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes, Homemade Sourdough Biscuits, and Sourdough Coconut Banana Bread. YUMMMMM!
Multigrain Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup honey
- Coat one side of a piece of saran wrap with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large non-metallic bowl combine flours, sea salt, and yeast; mix to combine.
- Add hot water, stir by hand until evenly moistened.
- Add sourdough starter and honey; mix to incorporate (it will have lumps.)
- Cover entire bowl with prepared saran wrap.
- Let sit for at least 12-18 hours. (can go longer if needed)
- Gently turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, pull the sides in, and flip the loaf over.
- Cover again with the same saran and let raise for 45 min.
- Using a sharp knife, gently score the top in the shape of a square.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with ceramic dutch oven and lid inside.
- Carefully place dough in pot, replace lid, and cook for 20-22 minutes - a deep brown, crispy top of loaf is desired.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Slice and Enjoy!
Multigrain Sourdough Artisan Loaf just takes a couple of minutes to prepare, sits overnight, and then it’s a delightful adventure for your tastebuds!
Much Love and Peace~