Good Morning and Happy Sunday!
I usually don’t post on Sunday’s but today IS National Pumpkin Day! How could I possibly pass up the opportunity to celebrate one my all time favorite flavors with all of you?!?!
I love it so much- as summer starts to fade into fall and the days get cooler; I begin craving the smell of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg all wrapped up in something pumpkin… it’s just like autumn in a pan. This recipe is a ‘skinny’ version but I promise you won’t miss a single calorie, it is mouth-watering!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf is a long-time family favorite of ours~ we hope you’ll LOVE it too 🙂
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- 2 whole and 4 egg whites
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 C canned pumpkin
- 1/4 C milk
- 1/2 C greek yogurt
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 4 C flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 egg whites
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 packages 1/3 fat cream cheese neufchatel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 2- 9x5 bread pans with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl combine filling: eggs, sugar, cream cheese; mix until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs until frothy, add sugars; cream well.
- Add pumpkin; mix.
- Add milk, oil, and greek yogurt; mix.
- In a separate bowl; combine flour and baking powder, spices, and salt.
- All at once, add flour mixture to wet ingredients; mix until moistened but do not over mix.
- A little lumpy is okay.
- Pour fill loaf pans half way with batter, layer in the filling, pour remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cover with a foil tent at 45 minutes so the top doesn't get overly browned; if needed.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes, invert to finish cooling.
- Slice and serve.
- Refrigerate- air tight the remaining loaf for storage
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf is full of all those autumn spices that we are all dreaming of this time of year… cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and of course PUMPKIN too!
Check out some of my other pumpkin recipes…
HAPPY NATIONAL PUMPKIN DAY!!
Thank you so much for coming to visit with me… I just love y’all and so grateful for our time together 🙂