Today’s Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf Recipe is the perfect way to celebrate the best of autumn! We love this sweet apple coconut bread with apples, cinnamon, coconut, coconut oil, and sourdough start for that extra flavor pop! Everyone will rave about your apple and coconut loaf cake.
Why we love Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf is made with our sourdough starter (which we love so much!) and no worries if you don’t have a start, you easily replace it with sour cream! This luscious loaf will be a hit with your family and friends this fall!
Oh my. It’s just amazing!! 🙂
Ingredients in Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf Recipe
- coconut oil
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- fresh sourdough start or sour cream
- overripe bananas
- sea salt
- baking soda
- red apples
- sweetened coconut flakes
- coconut flakes
Sourdough Starter & Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf Recipe
This recipe alone is completely worth getting a starter going–we love ours! All you need to know is in our The Ultimate Sourdough Starter Guide!
If you’re like me… I used to only be familiar with sourdough bread loaves which are very good but have a strong, sharp flavor to it. These recipes using sourdough start that I have been sharing with you are much milder.
The sourdough starter just adds a little bit of ‘tang’ to it and let me tell you it’s a tang you want to experience! It’s a whole new flavor accent that we completely adore!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sourdough start or sour cream
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed (approx 1 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup red apples, peeled and small diced
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x5 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream coconut oil.
- Add sugars and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sourdough start, and mashed banana; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sea salt, cinnamon, and baking soda; use a whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add sweetened coconut flakes and diced apples; gently mix with spatula to combine.
- Do not over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle top of dough with coconut flakes.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center removes clean.
- If at 45 minutes the top of the loaf looks very browned, set a piece of foil over the top to protect over browning. ( I needed to do this)
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.
- Slice and serve.
More Sourdough Recipes
- Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf
- Sourdough Banana Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Pumpkin Bread
- Gingerbread Cake with White Chocolate Ganach
- Vanilla Poppy Seed Friendship Loaf
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Zest Frosting
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene