Blueberry Coconut Loaf with Toasted Coconut Frosting is exactly that decadent fresh blueberry with sweet notes of coconut loaf you’ve been craving!
To say that this little loaf was a knock-it-out-of-the-ball-park hit with my friends and family would be an understatement! Wowzers. It’s just plain amazing!! Fresh Blueberries with the shredded coconut and then add Amoretti’s Natural Toasted Coconut Cream Frosting on top and you’ll be totally speechless too. REALLY.
Are you familiar with the Natural Extracts from Amoretti? I’ve been trying a few in my kitchen over the past couple of weeks and let me tell y’all… they are completely delightful! Amoretti has an amazing variety of high quality products for you to discover and enjoy!
Remember that the extracts are very concentrated so a little goes a long ways. Start with 1/4 teaspoon and work your way up- tasting as you go! I think they are fabulous for everything from savory to sweet!
You know how I love my sourdough starter- any excuse is good enough for me to get creating with it. Jump in on the fun by getting a start of your own going…
Here’s a good sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
Blueberry Coconut Loaf with Coconut Frosting
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sourdough start
- 2 overripe bananas mashed (approx 1 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Toasted Coconut Cream Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Amoretti Toasted Coconut Cream extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x5 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream coconut oil.
- Add sugars and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sourdough start, and mashed banana; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sea salt, and baking soda; use a whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add fresh blueberries and shredded coconut; gently mix with spatula to combine.
- Do not over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center removes clean.
- If at 45 minutes the top of the loaf looks very browned, set a piece of foil over the top to protect over browning. ( I needed to do this)
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.
- Toasted Coconut Cream Frosting:
- In a small mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add Amoretti Toasted Coconut Cream extract ; mix.
- Add powdered sugar; mix.
- Add cream 1 tablespoon at a time; mix between additions.
- Spread on top of cooled loaf.
- Garnish with toasted coconut flakes; evenly sprinkling over frosted top.
- Slice and serve.
Blueberry Coconut Loaf with Toasted Coconut Frosting is beautiful combination of flavors and will leave your mouth happy-happy!
Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!
Much Love and Peace~