Valentines Day is in a few days and while I don’t have a “valentine” of my own~ I sure do love my kiddos! Sharing homemade love from the kitchen is one of my favorite ways to spread the love this time of year.
Toasted Coconut Pancakes with Nutella Syrup- the pancakes are moist and rich with that bit of coconut flavor, topped with my Nutella Syrup and fresh raspberries… it’s all about the lovin’!
I have a thing for coconut these days- coconut water after hot yoga, coconut greek yogurt from Trader Joes (by the way have you tried it? it’s amazing!), coconut flakes and on and on and on 🙂
This recipe uses fat free greek coconut yogurt but if you can’t find any at a store near you then vanilla or plain fat free greek yogurt will work too.
Toasted Coconut Pancakes with Nutella® Syrup
- 2 C unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 1/3 C sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 C unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 C fat free coconut greek yogurt plain works too
- 2 eggs
- Nutella® Syrup:
- 1 C pure maple syrup
- 3/4 C Nutella®
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C fresh raspberries and toasted coconut flakes to garnish
- To toast coconut- heat small non stick pan over medium heat, add in coconut and constantly stir until lightly toasted and aromatic.
- (careful not to burn)
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar, toasted shredded coconut; mix to combine.
- In additional small mixing bowl combine coconut milk, greek yogurt, eggs; whisk to combine.
- Make a well in center of dry mixture, add wet; mix until just incorporated- do not over mix.
- (small lumps are expected)
- Coat griddle with cooking spray, place griddle over medium heat, once pan is hot add 1/3 C batter per pancake, when small bubbles appear flip to cook other side.
- Remove from heat and repeat for additional pancakes.
- Nutella® Syrup:
- In a small sauce pan combine all ingredients, place over medium low heat and whisk as warms through.
- Bring to just a simmer.
- When throughly incorporated serve with pancakes and fresh raspberries and toasted coconut flakes to garnish.
These pancakes freeze really well. I just pop them in the toaster to warm and crisp them back up for a quick breakfast on weekday mornings before we all head out the door. They’re delicious that way too!
Try whipping these delightful Toasted Coconut Pancakes with Nutella Syrup for your weekend brunch or breakfast.
Much Love and Peace~