Toasted Coconut Pancakes with Nutella Syrup are all you ever dreamed of in a pancake! Mmmmm hmmm. The pancakes are moist and rich with that bit of coconut flavor, topped with some Nutella Syrup and fresh raspberries… it’s all about the wow factor with these babies! Try whipping these delightful Toasted Coconut Pancakes with Nutella Syrup for your weekend brunch or breakfast.
Valentines Day is in a few days and while I don’t have a “valentine” of my own~ I sure do love my kiddos! Sharing homemade love from the kitchen is one of my favorite ways to spread the love this time of year.
I have a thing for coconut these days- coconut water after hot yoga, coconut greek yogurt from Trader Joes (by the way have you tried it? it’s amazing!), coconut flakes and on and on and on 🙂
This recipe uses fat free greek coconut yogurt but if you can’t find any at a store near you then vanilla or plain fat free greek yogurt will work too. These pancakes freeze really well. I just pop them in the toaster to warm and crisp them back up for a quick breakfast on weekday mornings before we all head out the door. They’re delicious that way too!
- 2 C unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 C coconut sugar
- 1/3 C sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 C unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 C fat free coconut greek yogurt, plain works too
- 2 eggs
- Nutella® Syrup:
- 1 C pure maple syrup
- 3/4 C Nutella®
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C fresh raspberries and toasted coconut flakes to garnish
- To toast coconut- heat small non stick pan over medium heat, add in coconut and constantly stir until lightly toasted and aromatic.
- (careful not to burn)
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar, toasted shredded coconut; mix to combine.
- In additional small mixing bowl combine coconut milk, greek yogurt, eggs; whisk to combine.
- Make a well in center of dry mixture, add wet; mix until just incorporated- do not over mix.
- (small lumps are expected)
- Coat griddle with cooking spray, place griddle over medium heat, once pan is hot add 1/3 C batter per pancake, when small bubbles appear flip to cook other side.
- Remove from heat and repeat for additional pancakes.
- Nutella® Syrup:
- In a small sauce pan combine all ingredients, place over medium low heat and whisk as warms through.
- Bring to just a simmer.
- When throughly incorporated serve with pancakes and fresh raspberries and toasted coconut flakes to garnish.
Toasted Coconut Pancakes with Nutella Syrup will be a hit with your family! Enjoy 🙂
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make this recipe leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie so we can share the joy of cooking with you!
One more thing before you go!. . . be inspired with CWR Recipe, Travel, and a variety of Etceteras every week by signing up to receive our emails! Click here to subscribe. We send out our newest posts, a collection of our latest favorites, and more! We love to stay connected with you.
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Holiday Overnight Oats Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Buttermilk Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
- Healthy Banana Muffins Recipe
- Peach Turnovers with Sweet Peach Glaze
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- Spinach and Bacon Omelette Recipe
- Starbucks Spinach Feta Wrap (copycat) Recipe