Today’s Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn Recipe is so good it’s sure to become a family favorite! Enjoy this weekend curled up watching a movie with a bowl of this delightful caramel popcorn!
Why I love Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn Recipe
As a child I loved caramel popcorn so today’s Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn Recipe takes me back to those carefree days! However, this recipe goes above and beyond that childhood box of Cracker Jacks.
It’s got all the wow-factors! Start a new tradition with your family this weekend.
Ingredients in Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- brown sugar
- corn syrup
- sea salt
- baking soda
- coconut extract
- coconut flakes
Fit Friday with Nichole
One of my favorite and least favorite muscle groups to work is my core. Let me explain. I love to work my core because it is my power house, every movement requires a strong core.
It is my least favorite because I get bored easily, 30 seconds of plank may as well be 5 hours. Today we are going to hit our core with some of my favorite, non-boring, movements.
- 6 cups popcorn, popped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Remove all the unpopped kernels from the popcorn and divide the popcorn into two large bowls.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, heat the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, bring the caramel to a simmer.
- Let the caramel simmer for 5 minutes without stirring it.
- After five minutes, remove the caramel from the heat and mix in the baking soda.
- It will start to foam, don’t worry this is normal.
- Gently fold the popcorn into the caramel making sure that all the popcorn gets coated evenly.
- While the caramel is still hot, evenly sprinkle the toasted coconut over the popcorn.
- Pour the caramel popcorn onto a sheet of wax paper and carefully break up the large pieces.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in an air tight container.
- Enjoy your Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 523mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 46gProtein: 1g
More Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten Free Cherry White Chocolate Chia Cookies
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chippers
- Gluten Free Waffles
- Cotton Candy Popcorn Recipe
- Gluten Free Red Velvet Cupcakes with Mascarpone Frosting
- Gluten Free Banana Bites
- Halloween Caramel Corn Recipe
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
- Gluten Free Breakfast Cookies
- Gooey-licious Caramel Corn
- Cinnamon Raisin Kugel
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Enjoy a batch of Toasted Coconut Caramel Popcorn Recipe this weekend!
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,
Original Contributor: Carrie from My Recipe Confessions