Our Halloween Caramel Corn Recipe makes fabulous popcorn balls or just enjoy it by the handful too! I must say that Caramel Corn and M&M’s are meant to be together! If you are like me then you’ll agree that homemade caramel corn is always a delight anytime of year! I’m sure that our halloween caramel corn will win you over with all that gooey-deliciousness of homemade caramel. . . brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk, karo syrup, and butter lightly tossed with air popped popcorn! Then, we’re take it right over the top by adding autumn M&M’s! I mean, it just doesn’t get any better. 🙂
Halloween Caramel Corn Recipe
When I was a kid I love-loved caramel popcorn balls. I’m sure my mom grew tired of making them because anytime I had to a treat somewhere guess what we were making? She was kind though and made them with me every time until I out grew out them a little bit! To this day, I still remember making them together and that’s the part that counts the most. 🙂
Halloween Caramel Corn is just as fun and tasty to eat by the handful but if you want to make it a little more exciting have everyone join in rolling them into popcorn balls. It’s gooey-sticky fun for the whole family!
Ingredients for our Halloween Caramel Corn Recipe
- Brown sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Karo syrup, light corn syrup
- Sea salt
- Halloween colored M&M’s
- Brown and orange mini M&M’s
How to make our Halloween Caramel Corn Recipe
- I found it was easier to loosely pack the caramel corn into a ball, add the M&M’s into the holes, and then pack tighter to finish out the ball shape.
- Otherwise, it seemed kinda floppy and the M&M’s started to melt a little bit.
- I recommend quickly packing the mini balls and set them on parchment paper to complete cooling.
- I think they’re adorable in their petite form, of course, you can always make them softball sized too!
Enjoy our Halloween Caramel Corn Recipe & a few of these autumn faves!
- Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Loaf
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Halloween Cookie Pizza
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Cinnamon Coconut Loaf
- Halloween Ice-Scream Bar with Cookie Cups Recipe
- Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Leftover Halloween Candy Pizza
- Apple Pie Enchiladas
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
- Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Karo syrup, light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup of UN-popped popcorn
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups halloween colored M&M's
- 1/2 cup brown and orange mini M&M's, if desired
- Pop your popcorn in an air popper machine. (I had to do two batches)
- Cook the brown sugar, Karo syrup, and 1/2 cup of butter over the stove on medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir continually for about 3 to 4 minutes until it gets to the soft ball stage (it clings together when you drop some in cold water).
- It will burn if you cook it too long, so make sure you are stirring continuously and watch it closely.
- When it is finished cooking, take your pot off the stove and pour the caramel sauce over your air popped popcorn.
- Mix until all the popcorn is completely coated.
- You will need a very large bowl to mix it all together.
- Toss in M&M's and allow to cool and set.
- Or form mini popcorn balls while still warm, adding M&M's at after ball is formed, set on parchment paper, allow to set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 1gSugar: 99gProtein: 5g
Halloween Caramel Corn is festive and fun to take to any of your autumn activities!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
- Turkey, Sweet Potato, & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Herbed Braided Breadsticks w/ Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella & Cream Cheese Filling Recipe
- Skinny Baked Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak Recipe
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Cinnamon Syrup
- Irish Creme de Menthe Cocktail Recipe
- Hot Turkey Provolone Sandwich with Basil Mayo Recipe
- Baked Banana Bread Donuts with Browned Butter Glaze Recipe
- Creme de Mint Pie Recipe
- 25 Delish Autumn Desserts