Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Cookies are a healthy autumn treat! The best part is, no one will ever guess the healthy part! 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Cookies are a healthy snack that your kids will love! If your kids are anything like mine, they get very hungry during school! I loved to always have nutritious cookies like these on hand for them to take as snacks to school. Make a double batch and watch your children love them and not even know that they are eating wheat flour!!
Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Cookies are made with Bob Red Mill’s Whole Wheat Pastry Flour and we love it! It has the same texture as regular white flour but all the nutrition of whole wheat! 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Cookies are nutritious and delicious! Enjoy!
Much Peace and Love
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar or sugar replacer
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup mashed overripe banana (approx 1)
- ¾ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup apple, small diced
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- course sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl; combine dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine coconut oil and sugars; mix.
- Add applesauce and mix for 2 minutes, add eggs one at a time- mix with each addition.
- Add vanilla and mashed banana; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients; mix to 80% or just until combined.
- Hand stir in oats, apples, and chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly golden and center is set.
- Cool on cooling racks.