Today’s Apple Cinnamon Raisin Strudel Recipe is simple to make and the perfect autumn pastry! Our apple strudel has golden delicious apples, cinnamon, and golden raisins wrapped up in a flaky golden crust.
Why we love Apple Cinnamon Raisin Strudel Recipe
I love autumn baking! It’s one of my favorite times of year for bake with apple ripe off the trees and around my neck of the woods we have lots of orchards so we see fresh picked fruit stands on almost every corner!
I also have very kind neighbors that keep me stocked up on all the bounty from their trees and gardens. Of course, they know that I’ll be returning the favor in delicious creations from my kitchen so it’s the perfect arrangement for all of us! 🙂
Classic German Apple Cinnamon Raisin Strudel Recipe
This classic German pastry is simple to make, well I should say EASY when it’s made with prepackaged phyllo dough! Making phyllo dough from scratch is quite an art that’s not easy at all. Lucky for us this recipe use the store bought variety which you can find in the freezer section of the grocery store.
I made this recipe in my Culinary Arts Program— it’s just perfect for fall plus it makes the house smell amazing while baking!
Ingredients in Apple Cinnamon Raisin Strudel Recipe
- phyllo dough
- brown sugar
- golden delicious apples
- golden raisins
- vanilla bean ice cream, for an alamode
- 6 layers phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and diced (approx 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream for alamode
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside for topping.
- Stack layers of dough brushing each layer with butter before topping with next layer.
- Brush top layer with butter.
- Combine apples, raisins, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Spoon filling down the left longside of phyllo rectangle.
- Fold top edge down and bottom edge up by about 2 inches to cover filling.
- Roll dough up along long side to enclose filling.
- Brush log with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place log on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream.
- Enjoy your Apple Cinnamon Raisin Strudel Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends.
Our hearts sing when you do.
We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here. Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene