Our Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies Recipe are an autumn tradition at our house and hope you’ll love them too! Apple dutch babies have apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon baked right into a light and fluffy pancake! Dutch babies or as my mom use to call them, German Pancakes, were a weekend favorite when I was growing up! AND as all good recipes stand the test of time. . . I made them for my kiddos too! We adore them. Today’s Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies are made even better with the addition of apples, cinnamon, sugar, and butter to the traditional flour, eggs, and salt. We hope you enjoy creating an autumn memory with your family this weekend!
Awesome day. . . it’s Fit Friday! We love hangin’ out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness! She’s a been a part of our Friday’s for many years and we love her so much! Thank you, Nichole, for coming every week and sharing your amazing fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies Recipe
I grew up with my mom making her version of these delicious oven baked pancakes on the weekends. I remember watching through the glass window in the oven door as they’d grow and puff up as I waited in anticipation! Good thing they only take 15 minutes once they are in the oven! The waiting didn’t ever last too long. I always loved the billowy, wavy, crispy edges the very most. . . even still to this day I love them best!
Treat the family this week with our Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies Recipe & we hope a few of these too!
Nichole’s Health & Fitness Tips & Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies Recipe for Fit Friday!
I love to focus on a word of the month. The word becomes my focal point for the next few weeks and sometimes longer if I feel I need to keep focusing. I have let my words fall to the wayside these last few months, but I am back to it. This month the word is fortitude.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cored and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- powered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in skillet.
- Add cinnamon and sugar; stir to incorporate.
- Add apple slices; saute 5-6 minutes or until apples begin to soften and brown- turning over occasionally.
- Remove apples from pan and set aside.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon butter into pan; melt and evenly coat pan.
- Prepare batter:
- Combine in a blender milk, eggs, flour, and sea salt; blend to combine.
- Pour batter into skillet pan and arrange apple slices evenly on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until browned and puffed up.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Make the weekend even more fun with our Apple Cinnamon Dutch Babies Recipe & Fit Friday!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. If you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go…
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. We SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie, & Madeliene
- Grilled Corn, Tomato & Arugula Salad Recipe
- Banana Bread French Toast w/ Maple Cream Recipe
- Blueberry Lime Cocktail Recipe
- Turkey Frank Corn Dogs Recipe
- Truffle Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Dried Hibiscus Flower & Dark Chocolate Power Bites Recipe
- Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Grandma Linda’s Rolls Recipe