Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting a must-make for your autumn baking sweet tooth!
Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting is all those fabulous autumn flavors we are craving. . . apples, cinnamon, and vanilla bean. Oh my! This little loaf will be a new favorite in your home.
If you have a sourdough start in your kitchen~ then you’ll love it in this recipe. It can also be made with light sour cream so it works great either way!
Have you gotten a sourdough start going? Then, today’s the day!! This a great sourdough started recipe from King Arthur Flour with some awesome tips and tricks for taking care of it. It needs a little bit of love in the form of flour and water a couple times a week if it lives out of the fridge. If you keep it in the fridge then once a week will do it!
You won’t believe how many amazing recipes there are to make with your Sourdough Starter- jump over and check them out some of mine by clicking here. A few of my very favorites are Smoked Gouda and Chive Sourdough Artisan Loaf, Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes, Homemade Sourdough Biscuits, and Sourdough Coconut Banana Bread. YUMMMMM!
Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting will bring all the flavors of autumn into your home!
Have a beautiful Monday!
Much Love and Peace~
Apple Cinnamon Bread with Vanilla Bean Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh sourdough start or light sour cream
- 2 overripe bananas mashed (approx 1 cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup diced yellow delicious apples
- Vanilla Bean Glaze:
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping
- optional: dust with cinnamon for garnish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Coat 9x5 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter or coconut oil.
- Add sugars and cream 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla, sourdough start, and mashed banana; mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sea salt, and baking soda; use a whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture all at once to wet ingredients; mix until 80% incorporated.
- Add ; gently mix with spatula to combine.
- Do not over mix- a few lumps are okay.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center removes clean.
- If at 45 minutes the top of the loaf looks very browned, set a piece of foil over the top to protect over browning. ( I needed to do this)
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes, turn out and complete cooling.
- Vanilla Bean Frosting:
- In a small mixing bowl cream butter.
- Add vanilla bean; mix.
- Add powdered sugar; mix.
- Add cream 1 tablespoon at a time; mix between additions.
- Spread on cooled loaf and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Slice and serve.