Chocolate Custard Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream will impress even the pickiest guest!
My daughter, Son-in-Law, and I all enjoyed this yummy Chocolate Custard Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream after dinner together this week! My daughter, Madi, had her baby two weeks ago and it has been so fun to stay at their house, spoil my grandson, and share some kitchen love with them!
My Son-in-Law loved the Chocolate Custard Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream so much, that the next day when his friends came over, he insisted that they all have some. It definitely was a hit and everyone wanted more. 🙂
While I’ve been here, at my daughter’s house, I’ve made an effort to stock their fridge and freezer with meals that they can easily make once I go home. The Chocolate Custard Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is in their freezer, ready to go, for whenever they need a delicious dessert to top off a family dinner! The chocolate freezer cake freezes extremely well! Make a batch for your family, freeze the left overs, and pull it out the next time you need a little chocolate in your life. Just add ice cream and your favorite toppings for a quick and tasty treat!
Chocolate Custard Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream will satisfy your chocolate craving and leave you wanting a little more! 🙂
Much Peace and Love~
- 1 ½ cups salted butter
- 1 ¾ cups dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1/2 gallon vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 cup caramel syrup
- 1 cup toasted cashews to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- For water bath: place a baking sheet in the center of the oven on the center rack, add 2 cups hot water to pan.
- Coat with cooking spray a 10x13 baking pan, line with parchment paper and spray again; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler over the stove or microwaveable bowl.
- In a separate bowl add eggs and sugar; whisk to combine.
- To temper eggs take a small mixing bowl add 1/3 cup egg mixture and 3 tablespoons chocolate mixture; stir to combine.
- Slowly whisk into egg mixture; whisk until completely incorporated.
- Pour into prepared parchment lined pan, place pan in oven in the center of water bath.
- Add 1-2 cups more hot water or until water is almost to the rim of baking sheet.
- Cook 45-50 minutes or until center of cake is firm to the touch.
- Remove from water bath and cool on cooling rack.
- Chill completely before serving.
- Serve with scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, caramel drizzle, and toasted cashews.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 647Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 42gProtein: 5g
- Blackberry Pear Mimosa Recipe
- Cherry & Pistachio Brownies Recipe
- Maple & Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
- Tex Mex Pasta Bake Recipe
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
- Strawberry Mango Kiwi Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Coconut-Carrot Muffins
- Candy Cane White Chocolate Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe
- Mindy's Sweet Potato Pie
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip