Apple Pie Bread! Lately, I’ve been in the mood for baking delicious fall recipes. This Apple Pie Bread recipe is extra delicious and makes your whole house smell wonderful… an appley delight! Oh my goodness you’re just going to love it.
Apple Pie Bread is absolutely melt-in-your-mouth wonderful! I skinnied down the original recipe because that’s just what I do- I struggled with weight issues until my 30’s (read about my weight loss story part A and part B here) and so now I try to make most of my recipes as healthy and low calorie as possible while still keeping all the flavor!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 cups rice krispie cereal
- 12 ounces white chocolate almond bark
- 1/2 cup red chocolate disks (or red chocolate chips)
- Spray a 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix to coat.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix well.
- Pour into baking dish, wet hand with water to press flat into dish.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- In a small microwave dish melt red chocolate, place in ziplock baggie, zip closed, snip very small end off of baggies corner.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt half of white chocolate (work with half of treats at time for marbling) according to package directions.
- Evenly spread on half of rice krispie treats, place pea sizes dot of red chocolate on white chocolate and using a toothpick pull the ends of dots for a marbled effect.
- Work quickly so it won’t dry.
- Repeat on second half of rice krispie treats.
- Allow to cool, then cut with heart shaped cookie cutter, if cutter is too thin to cut through completely, finish cutting with a knife.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 7g
* I adapted this recipe from keyingredient.com
Apple Pie Bread was a huge hit with our family… everyone gave it two thumbs up! AND they wished I’d made two loaves so there was more for them to enjoy 🙂
While we’re thinking about delicious fall recipes here are a few others…
I hope you have a Wonderful Day and Happy Cooking!
Much Love and Peace~