Apple Pie Bread! Lately, I’ve been in the mood for baking delicious fall recipes. This Apple Pie Bread recipe is extra delicious and makes your whole house smell wonderful… an appley delight! Oh my goodness you’re just going to love it.
Apple Pie Bread is absolutely melt-in-your-mouth wonderful! I skinnied down the original recipe because that’s just what I do- I struggled with weight issues until my 30’s (read about my weight loss story part A and part B here) and so now I try to make most of my recipes as healthy and low calorie as possible while still keeping all the flavor!
- Recipe Type: Sweet Bread
- Author: www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 70 mins
- Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Serves: 8
- ¼ C browned butter
- ¼ C applesauce
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg and 2 egg whites to cut down on fat/cholesterol)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C shredded apple (I used 3 jonathon)
- 2 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Streusal Topping
- ¼ C light brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C whole oats
- 2 Tbsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cooking spray and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, brown the butter- cook stirring constantly until the butter is slightly browned and aromatic.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, applesauce, and shredded apples.
- Mix until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add half flour mixture to apple mixture and mix in.
- Add remaining flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to flour using a pastry cutter or a hand mixer on low speed, mix until small pieces.
- Add oats and mix in.
- Sprinkle over top the batter and bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes on a cooling rack, then remove loaf from pan and finish cooling.
- (turn it out over a counter top because the topping is a little crumbly, I just scooped crumbles up and sprinkled it back on!)
* I adapted this recipe from keyingredient.com
Apple Pie Bread was a huge hit with our family… everyone gave it two thumbs up! AND they wished I’d made two loaves so there was more for them to enjoy 🙂
While we’re thinking about delicious fall recipes here are a few others…
I hope you have a Wonderful Day and Happy Cooking!
Much Love and Peace~