A couple days ago I got an email from a reader asking about my favorite breakfast ideas….
SO, when I got the opportunity to write a post for Mazola Corn Oil picking any recipe from their site to duplicate for y’all, it wasn’t a hard choice.
Cinnamon Vanilla Granola jumped out at me- it’s packed with good-for-you healthy ingredients!
AND I’ve had my eye out for a delicious granola recipe to top off my fat-free greek yogurt with because I love, love, love it for a quick and healthy breakfast.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans OR sliced almonds OR sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons Tone's® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins OR other dried fruit
- Combine old fashioned oats, quick oats, pecans and wheat germ in a large bowl. Combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture evenly on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300°F for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until oats are toasted.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Cool in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
- Serving suggestion: To make yogurt parfaits, layer 6 ounces fat-free honey greek yogurt, 1/2 cup mixed fresh or frozen fruit and 1/4 cup granola.
* This recipe is one of the many delicious healthy recipes at Mazola.com
Cinnamon Vanilla Granola recipe has only 2 Tablespoons of Mazola Corn Oil in the whole batch! It’s lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup and the cinnamon and vanilla in it will fill your whole home with a delicious aroma!
Do you know how good oats are for your heart? It’s rich in soluble fiber which lowers bad cholesterol, full of antioxidants, and a rich source of fiber and protein. Oats in any form are a great addition to a healthy diet. Granola is an especially yummy way to get oats and this recipe isn’t high in fat which makes it that much better for you 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all the other recipes from Mazola.com – they have a wide variety of amazing looking recipes. For an add plus a new study shows Mazola Corn Oil lowers cholesterol more than extra virgin olive oil. Try it today for sautéing, stir frying and baking. Go to Mazola.com to learn more.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mazola via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mazola.
- Sun-dried Tomato, Artichoke & Mushroom Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- Cranberry Orange Scones Recipe
- Chocolate Blueberry Spinach Protein Smoothie Recipe
- French Baguette Recipe & Sacré-Cœur, Paris
- 10 Healthy Travel Tips & Cheerios Snack Mix Recipe
- Homemade Turtle Truffles Recipe
- Cranberry Pomegranate Cocktail Recipe
- Spicy Mini Club Crackers Recipe