Today’s Coconut, Cherry & Almond Granola Recipe is crunchy and sweet with occasional flavor bursts of dried cherries and coconut. Oh my, mouthwatering homemade granola is definitely one of my top 10 favorite recipes.
Why I love Coconut, Cherry & Almond Granola Recipe
I love granola’s…Coconut, Cherry & Almond Granola Recipe is healthy and filling. Talk about a fabulous way to start the day!
I love granola on greek yogurt for a snack in the afternoon or evening too.
Healthy Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil helps control blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, boosts immunity, aids digestion, nourishes the brain, and boosts energy.
- Coconut Oil- Contains healthy fatty acids. May boost heart health. May encourage fat burning. May have antimicrobial effects. May reduce hunger. May reduce seizures. May raise HDL (good) cholesterol. May protect your skin, hair, and teeth.
(Just to name a few of the awesome things about it!)
Healthy Benefits Coconut, Cherry & Almond Granola Recipe
- Oats- I prefer to use whole grain oats because they hold up better that quick oats for baking. Did you know that oats in any form help to lower bad cholesterol, are rich in antioxidants, and a great source of fiber!
- Almonds- are rich in valuable nutrients for your body, like magnesium, vitamin E, and dietary fiber. A single serving of almonds makes for a nutritious and filling snack. Almonds have calcium and phosphorus, which improve bone health and can protect you from fractures.
- Almond Butter- is high in monounsaturated fats. Monounsaturated fats help to lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and raise HDL (“good”) cholesterol. Many other nutrients in almond butter also help improve your heart health and lower your risk for heart disease. Omega-3 fatty acids help prevent irregular heart rhythms.
- Chia Seeds- Despite their small size, chia seeds are full of important nutrients. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. Omega-3 fatty acids help raise HDL cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol that protects against heart attack and stroke.
- Dried Cherries- contain vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E, all of which boost the immune system and help the body fight off illness.
- Honey- has high levels of monosaccharides, fructose, and glucose, and it contains about 70 to 80 percent sugar, which provides its sweetness. Honey also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Modern medical science has managed to find uses for honey in chronic wound management and combating infection.
- Agave- It’s low on the glycemic index (GI). If you have diabetes, a low-GI diet may help you control your blood sugar. Vitamin B6, which is found in agave, plays a big role in how your body breaks down food, particularly proteins and carbohydrates.
Fit Friday with Nichole
I am looking at routines coming back into my house, hallelujia! But in the mean time I have a bit more time with the kids at home and a kids workout coming at you!
I love Tabata with the kids, it is a great way to break things up into very manegable chunks for kids with short attention spans.
This week we are keeping the Tabata with basic movements, again my thought is easy and kid friendly. So let’s get to it!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cherries, (added after baking)
- sprinkle of sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond butter, coconut oil, honey/agave, and vanilla; mix well.
- Add oats, cinnamon, sliced almonds, chia seeds, and toasted coconut; stir to coat.
- Spray half sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Spread granola evenly on pan.
- Bake 25 minutes; stirring twice.
- Let cool; stir in cherries and sprinkle of sea salt.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Enjoy your Coconut, Cherry & Almond Granola Recipe!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 683Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 14gSugar: 47gProtein: 15g
More Healthy Snack Recipes
- Healthy Power Bites
- Peanut Butter Granola Snack Mix
- Salted Caramel Snack Mix
- Chocolate Coconut Snack Mix
- Sweet and Salty Peanuts
- Healthy Orange Granitas
- Healthy Blueberry Crumble
- Chocolate Trail Mix Power Bites
- Berry Medley Raw Bars
Make up a batch of Coconut, Cherry & Almond Granola Recipe this weekend!
Thanks for being a part of the CWR blog-family!
All the love,
- Oatmeal, Candied Walnut, Raisin Cookies Recipe
- Southwest Potato Hash and Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Thai Chicken Flatbread w/ Cilantro Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- Sweet & Spicy Candied Pecans Recipe
- Avocado Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- Steak & Linguini Pasta with Creamy Tomato Basil Sauce Recipe
- Mediterranean Spinach Salad Recipe
- Shrimp and Petite Peppers Salad Recipe