Apple Cranberry Granola is an incredible combination of a little touch of sweet, a tinch of tart, and a crunch! Yep! AND it’s healthy in every way 🙂
If you’ve never heard of Kumut… it’s an ancient grain with origins in Egypt, it’s a relative of wheat.
It has 20 to 40 percent more protein and is higher in good fats, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. Apple Cranberry Granola is sweetened with white grape juice and it’s super deliciosos!!
* recipe is adapted from Now Eat this! Diet by Rocco Dispirito
My cute friend, Tomi, introduced me to this book and all the yummy recipes inside! It’s totally worth a read! AND You’ll really love this Apple Cranberry Granola!
- 1/4 C white grape juice concentrate
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 4 C puffed Kumut, such as Arrowhead Mills
- 1/4 C dried cranberries, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 C unsweetened dried apples, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 C sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 C non fat greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Lightly spray two cookie sheets with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine grape juice concentrate, agave, cinnamon, vanilla, salt.
- Add kumut and stir until well coated.
- Spread the kumut in a thin layer on baking sheets.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until slightly crisp, stirring once. Cool.
- Add cranberries, apples, toasted almonds. Stir.
- Eat as a trail mix or with lowfat milk or with greek yogurt as a parfait!
- Cranberry Orange Loaf with Orange Frosting Recipe
- Baked Gingerbread Doughnuts Recipe
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe
- Raspberry Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
- Tropical Chocolate Protein Smoothie Recipe
- Starbucks Orange Mango Smoothie Recipe
- Classic Belgian Waffles
- Starbucks Strawberry Smoothie Recipe