Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe is deliciousness with a little kick in the sauce that will surprise and delight the whole family! Summer and grilling just go hand-in-hand around here. . . keeping all the heat from cooking outside on the grill and out of the kitchen is a huge plus! Our temperatures have been hitting into the low 100’s this week so our grilled chicken sandwich is the summertime dinner you are looking for! I love to toast hoagies or buns on the grill because the extra crunch is worth the 2 minutes of effort! Just coat them with olive oil cooking spray and toss them on the grate as your protein is almost done cooking. If you don’t already don’t already add this awesome crunch then give it a try and thank me later! 🙂
It’s Fit Friday!! We just love hanging out with Miss Nichole from Pure Clean Fitness ! She’s a been apart of our Friday’s many years and we love her so much!! Thank you Nichole for coming every week and sharing your awesome fitness knowledge with us! If you want check out more of our Fit Friday posts then CLICK HERE!
We’re excited to share these other grilling recipes too!
- Citrus Thyme Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Skewers
- Grilled Southern Pork Loin Recipe
- Herbed Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Red Wine and Garlic Elk Steak
- Grilled Pineapple ala Mode
- Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw Recipe
- Grilled Tandoori Style Chicken
- Grilled Pineapple and Strawberry Salsa
- Herbed Flank Steak
- Grilled Pear, Chicken, Craisin Salad
- Spicy Tequila Elk Steak Fajitas Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Pineapple Skewers
- Grilled Strawberry Shortcakes
- Greek Lamb Burger with Yogurt Mint Sauce
- Grilled Tarragon Garlic Steak
- Grilled Peach Cobbler
Love our Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich even more with our Tips & Tricks for Grilling:
- Take meat out of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper.
- To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
- Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
- Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
- Stage One: heat one side of grill to high heat; sear the meat on each side for 2 minutes, rotating to get cross-hatching marks.
- Stage Two: heat second side of grill to low or off; place the seared meat here until reaches desired temperature.
- Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
- To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
- Grilling is a little like cooking on the Mojave desert — dry, dry and hot, hot, hot! Make sure to use your grilling sauce and apply it with each rotation so the protein stay nice and moist on the inside.
- Once meat reaches 5 degrees below desired temperature move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating.
- Rest meat for 5 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
The beginning of school is insight guys! And I am ready to get back on to a schedule and into a regular routine with my kiddos. I even get to start my youngest in preschool this year which gives me a couple hours two days a week all by myself. Yay!!!
For the next couple of weeks I am still focusing on at home workouts that I can squeeze in during a lull of kid activities and madness. I am also striving to continue with workouts that my kids can jump into the middle of if they want.
With all that being said let’s get into this week’s workout, its’s TABATA time! A kid friendly Tabata to get everyone hot, sweaty, and ready for a cool down at the pool.
Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich Recipe is your next Saturday lunch with the fam!!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: email@example.com. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Nichole, Ruthie & Madeliene
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 4 whole grain hoagie buns
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese, sliced on diagonal
- 4 heads of leaf lettuce
- Basting Sauce:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spicy Mayo:
- 3/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno, de-seeded (adjust as preferred)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In small mixing bowl combine basting sauce ingredients; whisk to combine.
- Coat grill grates with cooking spray and preheat grill on medium high.
- Grill chicken breasts applying basting sauce to each side, cook 4-5 minutes per side or until reaches internal temperature 160 degrees F.
- Apply basting sauce as needed during grilling.
- In small mixing bowl combine ingredients for spicy mayo; stir to combine and set aside.
- Toast inside of buns on grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Serve with Spicy Mayo, lettuce, and pepper jack cheese!
- Enjoy your Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mayo Sandwich!