* This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QualityFreshPork #GetGrillingAmerica #CollectiveBias
Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw Recipe are perfect for summer backyard grilling parties! We love this simple summer grilling recipe with Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon organic pork loin that already has all the fabulous flavors marinated right inside the package. It’s a quick appetizer or petite main dish for your next backyard meal. We love the applewood flavor and the apple slaw tops them off oh-so perfectly!
Holy cow.. I am in love and I mean, IN LOVE people, with these delicioso Applewood Pork Sliders!!
Side note: I just got back from Cancun, so naturally.. I have to throw in mi espanol a little bit!! Not only is the taste unreal, they are so easy to make from the very start.
So let’s travel back in time to the very beginning of our Applewood Pork Sliders que se ven fantastico! First of all, the recipe creation inspiration fairy came to Ruthie and wah-la the vision was born! We wanted to keep it simple for summer with very few ingredients–and we did just that. 🙂 Next, we shopped at our all time favorite store, Walmart, for the ingredients!
If you all couldn’t tell yet… I am seriously obsessed with Walmart’s Online Grocery service. OG is soooo convenient and I’m not even joking when I say that I use it weekly. Being 7 months pregnant and having a 20 month old baby, Walmart’s Online Grocery service is just the way to go. A couple of months ago, I decided to stay at my mom’s a little longer than had been expected. I knew that my fridge at home was running low on food and that my husband would not find time in his busy schedule to go grocery shopping, so I ordered him groceries using OG. Then I just told him what time to show up at Walmart to pickup his groceries! I picked it out all the groceries online in under 10 mins, paid for it, the hubby pulled up to Walmart, the workers filled his trunk with the groceries, and he was good to go! So simple and so easy.
Check out our Online Grocery service order and then Ruthie picking it up!
Walmart has high quality, fresh pork that I’m so grateful for because pork is simple, versatile, and flavorful especially for the summer months! It is such great quality and cost effective at Walmart, that I really couldn’t get it anywhere else. I absolutely love Smithfield® Fresh Pork Ribs, Chops, and Marinated Fresh Pork that are easy and flavorful options for grilling.
And last, but of course not least, step by step making the Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw!
• Remove Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon organic pork loin from packaging and place on double layer sheets of foil.
• Bring foil together over pork loin and crease to make a tent, fold and crease each side to seal juices inside.
• Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
• Stage One: heat first side to high and cook pork loin in foil tent for 8-10 minutes or until reaches 140 degrees F. Then remove from foil and place directly on grate to get browned outside, turning twice until temperature reaches 145 F.
- Medium Rare: 145-150℉
- Medium: 150-155℉
- Medium Well: 155-160℉
- Well: 160℉
• Stage Two: heat second side of grill to medium-high; coat inside of slider buns with olive oil cooking spray- once pork loin is almost done place buns on grate to toast.
• Meanwhile combine green cabbage, apple, and mayonnaise in a small mixing bowl; stir to combine.
• When ready to serve slice pork loin into 1/2-3/4 inch slices, place one slice on each toasted bun, top with 1 tablespoon apple slaw, and serve!
• Finished product is featured below. 🙂
Now it’s time to enjoy your Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw!
Tips & Tricks for Grilling Pork Loin:
- Take meat out of fridge to bring it to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Clean the BBQ grill grate with a metal scraper.
- To reduce sticking spray generously with cooking spray before igniting grill so it does not flame up.
- Preheat your grill on high, scrape again if needed to remove any really tough to remove areas.
- Create heat zones for two stage cooking;
- Stage One: heat to high and cook pork loin in foil tent for 8-10 minutes or until reaches 140 degrees F. Then remove from foil and place directly on grate to get browned outside, turning twice until temperature reaches 145 F.
- Stage Two: heat second side of grill to medium-high; coat inside of slider buns with olive oil cooking spray and place on grate to toast.
- Invest in a high quality probe thermometer.
- To get the best reading; probe the meat on the side inserting the probe into the center of the cut of meat.
- Once meat reaches 145 degrees F, move to a resting plate and tent with foil to keep warm without sweating (Pork loin is best enjoyed when cooked to 145 degrees F, with 3 minute rest).
- Rest meat for 3 minutes to slow the juices.
- Serve and Enjoy!
We hope that you thoroughly love and enjoy our Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw. 🙂
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie, pin us on Pinterest, or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
[mv_create title=”Applewood Pork Sliders with Apple Slaw Recipe” key=”1252″ type=”recipe”]