Pork Chili Verde is a Tex-Mex dream come true! Our Chili Verde recipe is just what your weekend is asking for. . . the poblano, jalapeños, and tomatillo peppers will turn dinner into a fiesta! We love authentic Mexican food and did you know that Madeliene lived in Mexico? She’s fluent in espanol and loved it so much that she’s in heaven every time a recipe has the flavors of Mexico.
Pork Chili Verde Recipe for Mother’s Day!
We are so sad we missed getting this out for Cinco de Mayo last week- with the new blog launch we just weren’t able to make it happen! So, we thought “why not Mother’s Day”. We love this recipe any day of the year, actually. It get a big thumbs up at our house or anyones house we take it to. We served our Pork Chili Verde Recipe at a large family gathering and everyone wanted the recipe so we sorta promised to get it on the blog ASAP. 🙂
While we’re thinking about Tex-Mex dinners~ lets add some more dishes to make a whole fiesta!
Now, we’re turning it over to Nichole for Fit Friday…
We missed you on the week off as Miss Ruthie and Madeline took care of some blogger work and updates. Their site is up and pretty fantastic, if you haven’t checked it out you need to! We are back this week and ready to get it on as summer sneaks in a little closer.
Man Makers are our favorite dumbbell resistance move, we love them because they include a little bit of everything.
Pork Chili Verde Recipe will be a recipe you’ll make time and again!
We love to hear about your magical cooking moments. . . if you get a chance to make our recipes then leave us a comment or tag us on Instagram @cookingwithruthie , pin us on Pinterest , or follow along with us on Facebook so we can share in the joy of cooking with you! Please reach out if you have questions or comments via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to see you again soon!
One more thing before you go. . .
We love creating recipes and sharing our adventures with you, so if you can do us a huge favor it’d really support us! It’s easier to stay motivated to share our best with you when we hear from you!! We adore our readers and it really makes our day to get comments, social tags/shares, or pins that you save for later to share with your family and friends! Our hearts sing when you do. . . we SEE you and we do our very best to respond to all the love! It also amps up our mo-jo so we get lots of awesome things done around here.
Thanks for sharing in the CWR blog-love!
Ruthie & Madeliene
Pork Chili Verde
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt -- trimmed of fat and cubed into 2 inch pieces
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onions small 1 inch cubes
- 2 poblano peppers ROASTED over flame cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ pounds tomatillo roasted peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Generously season the pork with salt and pepper and lightly coat with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottom stock pot.
- Pan fry the pork in small batches until well browned on all sides, with a slotted spoon remove browned pork; hold warm.
- Drain the fat from the pan and place the onions in the same skillet, cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until limp, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the roasted poblanos and jalapenos; cook for 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Add the browned pork, tomatillos, oregano,cumin, cilantro to pot, add chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 hours or until the pork is fork tender.
- Add sea salt and pepper to taste.