I was at the orthodontist the other day and while my son was getting his braces put on, I found this Turkey Bean Chili as I was reading the Good Housekeeping magazine! I don’t know about you but I ALWAYS read most magazines from the back to the front! I’d hate to miss out on any of the delicious recipes that they hide back there!!
Anyways, I found Turkey Bean Chili recipe in the back of Good Housekeeping and it sounded really good and healthy too! Fiber and healthy protein AND I love soup in the winter.
Turkey Bean Chili tasted really good not very spicy at all! I liked the combination of flavors and adapted it a bit too…
* I adapted this recipe from Good Housekeeping Jan 2012
Enjoy this hearty and healthy Turkey Bean Chili tonight!! It’s SOUPER yummy!! ; )
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lrg onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 Tbsp plus 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans, 8oz tomato paste
- 2 cans cannellini beans, white kidney, drained and rinsed
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- In a large stock pot over medium high add oil, onion, garlic and cook 3-4 minutes until browned and soft, stirring occasionally. Add turkey, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes until meat browns, stirring to break up meat. Add peppers, spices, cook 3-4 minutes until peppers soften. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with cilantro sprigs.