I was looking through my food photo’s yesterday and holy cow…
I realized I’d never posted these delicious little Chili Stuffed Peppers from last summer.
They’re the perfect way to use up some of that garden squash that’s just beginning to grow out-of-your-ears 🙂
PLUS! This is actually two recipes in one:
First, you make this mouth-watering Slow Cooker Veggie Chili
AND with the leftovers you make today’s recipe 🙂 (or any other chili will work just fine too!)
- 6 red peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and de-seeded
- 4 cups leftover chili
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 C water into the bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix 1 C cheese into chili.
- Fill each pepper half with 1/3-1/2 C chili, set in baking dish.
- Cover with foil and cook 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle tops of peppers with remaining cheese, cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Broil on high to have browned cheesy tops.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 844mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 21g
I hope you enjoy both of these fabulous recipes- I always love it when I can get two meals out of one!
Chili Stuffed Peppers are a quick and easy way to use up your next chili leftovers.
Oh and did you see this video for Quick Slow Cooker Tips- it’s pretty awesome 🙂