Ruthie’s Tomato Chicken Chili
In a large stock pot combine and brown:
1 Tbls Olive Oil
2 onions- chopped
Add and cook 2 minutes:
2 cloves garlic- minced
2 green peppers- chopped
2 purple (or red) peppers- chopped
Add and boil covered 20 minutes:
15 Roma tomatoes (approx 2 lbs) or 28 oz diced tomatoes
16 oz tomato sauce
2 cups water
2 chicken bouillons
3-4 chicken breasts (put pot to boil)
2 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
Shred the chicken in a bowl with 2 forks, add back to chili
Add beans, drained and rinsed:
1 can black beans
1 can garbanzo beans
2 can kidney beans
Let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
|Brown onions add garlic and peppers|
|Add rest of ingredients, covered simmer 20 min|
|Shred chicken add beans, simmer 20 min uncovered|
Gram wrote her recipes the way I do… I think it’s easier to follow in this format. I hate looking back and forth trying to make sure I’m doing it right and then trying not forget any of the ingredients at the same time… Hope you find them easy to follow 🙂 Tomato Chicken Chili is delicious with tortilla chips or corn bread, ENJOY!!
Chili Bake off.... Tomato Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- 2 onions- chopped
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- 2 green peppers- chopped
- 2 purple, or red peppers- chopped
- 15 Roma tomatoes, approx 2 lbs or 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillons
- 3-4 chicken breasts, put pot to boil
- 2 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 can kidney beans
- In a large stock pot combine and brown, olive oil and onions. Drain.
- Add and cook 2 minutes garlic and peppers.
- Add roma tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, bouillons, chicken, and spices.
- Boil covered 20 minutes.
- Shred the chicken in a bowl with 2 forks, add back to chili
- Add beans, drained and rinsed.
- Let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
- Pasta & Red Sauce, Basil Chicken, & Caramelized Parsnips Recipe
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Croutons Recipe
- Irish Bangers & Mash with Brown Gravy Recipe
- Guinness Beef and Potato Stew Recipe & Dublin, Ireland
- Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta
- Halloween Dinner Ideas
- Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe