Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili is the another fabulous recipe to keep you warm and cozy this winter…
I spent the weekend visiting my family down south of us and the weather is much warmer there- 60 degrees felt like heaven to this I’m-so-sick-of-winter girl.
It was so good to see everyone and play with my nieces and nephews outside in the sun 🙂
Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili is comfy-cozy for those chilly winter evenings. . . the slow cooker makes it all that much easier too!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 46 oz can tomato juice
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans red kidney beans or chili or pinto beans (or a mix)
- 2 tablspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag frito corn chips
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray, preheat on high.
- In a large fry pan saute onions and beef, drain well.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker; mix to combine.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and frito corn chips.
Slow Cooker Lumberjack Chili is a hearty dinner that the whole family will love.
Here are a couple of other Slow Cooker dinner ideas…
I hope these slow cooker soup ideas keep you snuggly-warm this winter!
I’m super happy to get an extra day off of school today– Don’t you worry, I’ll be catching up on homework and blogging stuff 🙂
Enjoy the long weekend… Happy Monday!