I have to admit that I am head-over-heels-in-love with my slow cooker… we have a long standing relationship. It makes dinner for me while I’m away in the day AND every time I walk into our meal basically ready go, I love it just a little bit more 🙂
Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy is one of our families favorite dinners- beef and vegetables over pasta is just wonderful!
- 2 lbs stew beef chunks, cut into 1 1/2- 2 inch chunks
- 5 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 C low sodium beef broth or 2 C hot water and 2 bouillon cubes
- 4 large carrots, 2 inch sections (or a bag of baby carrots)
- 1 10oz brown mushrooms, washed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 C red wine, or additional broth
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 14.4oz frozen pearl onions
- 1 16oz pkg whole grain egg noodles, prepared according to directions
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray, preheat.
- Place beef in large ziplock baggie with 2 Tbsp, 1/4 tsp salt, and pepper.
- Shake to coat.
- Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add beef and brown 5 minutes, stirring to sear all sides. (cook in 2 batches if needed)
- Place beef in slow cooker.
- Reduce pan heat to medium and pour in 1 C of beef broth.
- Cook, stirring, pulling up bits from the bottom for 2 minutes.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, garlic, red wine, remaining beef broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or low for 6 1/2 hours.
- Remove beef and vegetables with slotted spoon into a large bowl, cover to keep warm.
- Whisk 3 Tbsp flour with 3 Tbsp water.
- Strain juice into medium sauce pan, over medium high heat, whisk in flour,
- Boil 3 minutes or until thick, pour over beef and vegetables.
- Serve over prepared noodles.
If you can’t find the frozen pearl onions, like I can’t most of the time. Just grab a little bag of them in the produce section, boil them for 1-2 minutes and then the skins will slide right off! Easy Peasy.
I hope you love this Slow Cooker Beef Burgundy and your slow cooker as much as I do 🙂